Talked to a few GT players

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm sure part of that was the fact that Johnson elevated the Navy program to a level it had not reached since the days of Roger Staubach.
The kids in the academies probably have higher level of discipline than your average college football player too.

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
It wasn't just him that said he's an ***. Cut a kid some slack. He's not an *** for being hard on kids. He's an *** for wanting no relations with players and then Expecting them to play 110% for him. Atleast get to know the kids your yelling at

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
Y
holy cow... does that mean you were born in '95??? congrats on getting into Tech.
yes I was born in January of 95. I'm a third generation tech fan though and have gone to games since I was 6 months old so Tech football has always been an obsession of mine

gtdrew

Banned
It wasn't just him that said he's an ***. Cut a kid some slack. He's not an *** for being hard on kids. He's an *** for wanting no relations with players and then Expecting them to play 110% for him. Atleast get to know the kids your yelling at

That is contradictory to anything any other player has told me about CPj. Even the ones who aren't sure about his offense seem to really like/respect him as a person. Forgive me if I take the word of an 18 yr old with a grain of salt...

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Atleast get to know the kids your yelling at
I can't blame a head coach that doesn't have the time to get to know every single player on the team. I don't see yelling as some privilege that a coach needs to earn.

With that said, I don't expect every player to like their head coach at the personal level either.

Pj4prez01

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't blame a head coach that doesn't have the time to get to know every single player on the team. I don't see yelling as some privilege that a coach needs to earn.

With that said, I don't expect every player to like their head coach at the personal level either.

I agree. I am pretty sure a lot of players would say the same thing about Saban.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
The difference is that Saban is an *** with national championships, 100k stadium and a fanatic fan base. If Saban didn't win Alabama would turn on him in a second, Johnson has been wallowing in mediocre football for 3 years now. Do you honestly think that Alabama would have kept saban if his records and Johnson were flipped? If Saban was 1-5, 1-5, 1-4 against some of their biggest rivals?

Alabama would have fired him during last year.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The difference is that Saban is an *** with national championships, 100k stadium and a fanatic fan base. If Saban didn't win Alabama would turn on him in a second, Johnson has been wallowing in mediocre football for 3 years now. Do you honestly think that Alabama would have kept saban if his records and Johnson were flipped? If Saban was 1-5, 1-5, 1-4 against some of their biggest rivals?

Alabama would have fired him during last year.
We ain't Alabama and I'm damn glad and wouldn't trade all their MNC's for it either.

ToddM

During the TV broadcast today Roof was cited as saying he choose CPJ just as much as CPJ choose him. Said that he wanted to partner with someone who cared about the players off field as well as on. Seems to me that maybe some, one, player may think he knows how to kick and doesn't need any instruction.

Who knows

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
It wasn't just him. I have a fraternity brother on the team as well. What players tell the media and what they tell their friends can sometimes be completly different. I know I wasn't always honest whenever the people interviewed me in highschool

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
You know, I've tried to avoid this thread but I finally read it. All I can say is I've never heard or seen a word from any of CPJ's player or FORMER players against CPJ. Nor do I ever remember a player transferring since he's been at Tech. Something just doesn't compute, if his former players have nothing but praise for him it doesn't make sense his current player would be all up in arms about him.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
"“I think it was a big relief for us to come out and show people that coach (Paul Johnson) is still a really awesome coach and play-caller..."

Will Jackson in the ajc.

ToddM

By the way folks I must say that while I know my spelling lacks a great deal to be desired, in my last post I should have said CHOSE rather than CHOOSE. Kinda hard to make a legit point when you spell it wrong.

Either way Go Tech !!!

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Nor do I ever remember a player transferring since he's been at Tech.

...what?

I think jazzy's friends might just not be used to the difference between college and high school yet. Everyone I knew on the team, including two who transferred, told me he was very open door.

Last edited:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
That is contradictory to anything any other player has told me about CPj. Even the ones who aren't sure about his offense seem to really like/respect him as a person. Forgive me if I take the word of an 18 yr old with a grain of salt...

+1. You may find 2-3 you really former players that really dont like CPJ and that is mostly due to the offense. He was always cracking jokes and keeping things lively. Thats why I find it funny when people say he is not personable or some type of grinch.