Tailgating

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone. I've never tailgated at the GT football games but I would like to do so this year. I have a small RV that I'm thinking about bringing mainly to haul the beer, brats, chairs, and a tent. Is the RV a bad idea? Any advice on the best places, cost of parking, easiest place to leave after the game, etc.? Any advice on what I shouldn't do? Any problems with break-ins? If I'm not with a group, is it easy to find some welcoming folks to hang out with? Any good info related to tailgating near Bobby Dodd would be very helpful. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone. I've never tailgated at the GT football games but I would like to do so this year. I have a small RV that I'm thinking about bringing mainly to haul the beer, brats, chairs, and a tent. Is the RV a bad idea? Any advice on the best places, cost of parking, easiest place to leave after the game, etc.? Any advice on what I shouldn't do? Any problems with break-ins? If I'm not with a group, is it easy to find some welcoming folks to hang out with? Any good info related to tailgating near Bobby Dodd would be very helpful. Thanks!

I think the RV lot is W21 on campus. I'm sure there are many on here that can answer your questions better than I, I know @flea77 RVs for all the home games ;)

You can get the cost/location information and such on ramblinwreck.com

I don't know if they allow RV's or not (probably not), but I will be parking and tailgating in the east lots across Spring St from the Varsity. They are within easy walking distance of the east, south, and north stands. I have been parking in the lot behind the Varsity, but I got an email from Tech today indicating that lot will no longer be available. No biggie, since the other lots are directly across Spring from that one.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know if they allow RV's or not (probably not), but I will be parking and tailgating in the east lots across Spring St from the Varsity. They are within easy walking distance of the east, south, and north stands. I have been parking in the lot behind the Varsity, but I got an email from Tech today indicating that lot will no longer be available. No biggie, since the other lots are directly across Spring from that one.
The one where u have to pay for 20$ to park? that's where we have parked for 2 years I hope this is not true

The one where u have to pay for 20$ to park? that's where we have parked for 2 years I hope this is not true
Which one did you pay $20 to park in? The lower Varsity lot and the lots on the other side of Spring St were both operated by Tech, so the price would have been the same. I have been buying season parking passes for the lower Varsity lot. But that one will no longer be operated by Tech. I don't know who will be able to park there now, nor how much it will cost, but the ones on the opposite side of Spring will still be operated by Tech, and the cost should remain the same, as long as it's not filled up with season parking pass holders.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Which one did you pay $20 to park in? The lower Varsity lot and the lots on the other side of Spring St were both operated by Tech, so the price would have been the same. I have been buying season parking passes for the lower Varsity lot. But that one will no longer be operated by Tech. I don't know who will be able to park there now, nor how much it will cost, but the ones on the opposite side of Spring will still be operated by Tech, and the cost should remain the same, as long as it's not filled up with season parking pass holders.

Dang! I hate Tech gave up those spots!!!!

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
The one parking lot as you go thru the varsity down below I think we paid 20 or 30 dollars to go to the varsity and for the whole game but if it's filled up already, before that we parked at Randall brothers 10 minute walk

The one parking lot as you go thru the varsity down below I think we paid 20 or 30 dollars to go to the varsity and for the whole game but if it's filled up already, before that we parked at Randall brothers 10 minute walk
I guess it depends on how far down below the Varsity you mean. The bottom 5 or 6 rows were taped off and appropriated by Tech for parking. But you may mean the part of the Varsity lot above the official Tech section, and you should probably still be able to do that. The Varsity may be extending their parking into the area I have been parking in, so I would assume the price won't change. At any rate, I would think you should be able to park in the lot across the street just as easily for the same price, if spaces are available.

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess it depends on how far down below the Varsity you mean. The bottom 5 or 6 rows were taped off and appropriated by Tech for parking. But you may mean the part of the Varsity lot above the official Tech section, and you should probably still be able to do that. The Varsity may be extending their parking into the area I have been parking in, so I would assume the price won't change. At any rate, I would think you should be able to park in the lot across the street just as easily for the same price, if spaces are available.
It's been since April since I've been to Atlanta (baseball game) I would think to that u can still park there to,I'm going to the Jax St. game hit me up,will u be there for the game?

It's been since April since I've been to Atlanta (baseball game) I would think to that u can still park there to,I'm going to the Jax St. game hit me up,will u be there for the game?
I have season tickets. I plan to be there for all the games. I come up from Augusta and tailgate with some folks from Gainesville. I let the guy who sets it all up know about the email I received today notifying me of the change. He had not gotten the email yet, but he says he will plan on using the lots across Spring St, so hopefully that's where we will be tailgating.

FatPat

Jolly Good Fellow
Tailgate on Jacket Alley, but any food or alcohol you want after the game needs to be locked in your car.

GTFLETCH

Banned
INFO FOR THE CHICK-FIL-A GAME ONLY...RV Tailgating Nearby the Georgia Dome/New Georgia Dome

There are several parking lots within walking distance of the Georgia Dome/New Georgia Dome, most of them do not allow RVs. As this is a downtown area with not a lot of room to offer for parking, the Yellow Lot is recommended for RVs. However, if this lot fills up, the closest option is the Marshalling Yard, which is also $80.
Yellow Lot may be a bit expensive for a first-come first-serve lot, it is rather large, and it is definitely where the biggest tailgating section is. Another perk is that, whether coming for an NFL football or college game, tailgaters can arrive to begin partying five hours before kickoff. That’s a lot of time to tailgate!

Milwaukee

Banned

You had me at brats. #johnsonville