Tailgating Question

Sugar3ThousandPounds

Georgia Tech Fan
Question for you more seasoned tailgaters out there: are the green spaces on campus (other than say Tech Green) generally first-come, first serve or are they tied to parking passes? Will be hosting a small COFH tailgate for the first time this year and thinking of just getting cheap parking deck parking and then bringing our stuff in a wagon to the MRDC/IC lawn area. I live in town so willing to get there pretty early to snag a good spot. Thanks!

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve never had a problem with it. We were overencumbered so we tailgated a few times the past couple of seasons near State Street (W23) close to the deck but better areas were still open early. We did venture once to set up shop on Tech Green when I picked up a Peters parking spot for $40 on StubHub. We were literally the only ones tailgating there at 10am for the 12pm BC kickoff…

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Question for you more seasoned tailgaters out there: are the green spaces on campus (other than say Tech Green) generally first-come, first serve or are they tied to parking passes? Will be hosting a small COFH tailgate for the first time this year and thinking of just getting cheap parking deck parking and then bringing our stuff in a wagon to the MRDC/IC lawn area. I live in town so willing to get there pretty early to snag a good spot. Thanks!

They technically are first come first serve as far as I’m aware, but there are a lot of people who have been setting up in the same spots for years so I’m sure they won’t be thrilled if someone comes and takes their spot. (This is more the MRDC area)