Syracuse Post Game

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Nah no comeback today. We haven’t hidden what we want to do which is run the ball. Syracuse sold out all game to stop it and our O-line decided to not give a crap at all today. Combine that with a defense that was fine giving up seam shots and 8 yard curls all game and you get your butt handed to you. No sense publicly screaming about being a physical football team when you don’t back it up on the field. Physical is fine and good, but Xs and Os matter too and that’s what we were shown today. It’s exactly what Fran Brown said he was going to do and his team did it. Credit to them for backing their coach because our players sure didn’t rise up to the challenge.

This isn’t a Syracuse problem, this has been a whole year problem. FSU gave us false hope, Ga. State gave us the warning, Syracuse exposed us. We aren’t tough, we aren’t physical, we just expected to win because we were 2-0. I hope this week of practice beats the crap out of everybody that wears pads because they need it.

It’ll be a 6-6 or 7-5 year like we figured it would be heading into the season. We will be 3-1 after next week, then the real season starts. We will probably start alternating wins and losses until November. We just don’t have the guys yet. It’s coming, we want to be excited, we want to feel like we can beat any team on the schedule, but we aren’t there yet. We are going to get gut punched for a few more years. We are going to be the less physical team for a few more years. It’s coming, but it’s still at least 2 more years away. Unfortunately, Haynes King won’t be the QB to lead a 10-11 win Tech team, but he’s helping lay the foundation.

Last edited:

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Bad coaching. Bad offense. Bad defense. Really nothing positive. Considering how bad BC beat FSU, I am afraid this could be closer to who we are against better teams. Still too early to tell. We’ll see.

I do believe our offense is better than this, but I think a lot of teams will just keep us off the field against our defense.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Just a bad game all around. I’m honestly really surprised by the play calling today. Eric needs more touches. Not sure why we didn’t run more sweeps with him and we didn’t utilize our speed today. Defense is still bad. McCord is ridiculously good and accurate.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Please Post your meltdown comments in this thread.

I don't think that we need fire Santucci comments.

If we pull the miraculous come back, I'll delete the thread.
I posted that I thought this game was a "must win" given the difficulty of the schedule and how much it is back loaded so to speak. I am beginning to doubt that we will win six. This team is not very good. Syracuse has a good offense with excellent receivers, a star in the making tight end, and a very good quarterback BUT this is the same team that struggled to put away Ohio a team that had obvious physical mismatches especially on defense yet managed over 200 yards rushing. I can only conclude that the FSU game was a mirage and we are who the experts thought a middling at best ACC team.

GTThor

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m not going to sit here and be an hypocrite.
When we were hiring our next HC. I was a big BOB advocate. When Key was hired I wasn’t totally upset. I think he has a chance to be a good coach. But…. We obviously are not as far along as we hoped for. There’s still issues that need to be addressed.

We should win more than we lose this year, but everyone needs to relax and understand that this isn’t going to be a quick fix

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
This one is on the coaches more than anything. Bad game plan. Concerned about the OL but the defense is what it is until we get better players in the front 7. Need to get to a bowl game and continue winning in recruiting.
I think this game puts a bowl game in jeopardy given the difficulty of our schedule. There are a lot of likely losses to be played.