Synjyn

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
When I think about this season, I am so happy for the players, all of them. They achieved so much with so little fanfare and in the face of such low expectations.

That said, I cannot think of anyone I am more happy for than Synjyn Days. He came in as the next Josh Nesbitt and never made it at qb. Poor guy couldn't hit the side of a barn. He was tried at Bback and couldn't stick due to his ball security issues and poor blocking. Then he was tried at Aback and nobody knew if this guy would ever find a position. He was called the Cback by his teammates as he was even used as a sort of wildcat qb in spring.

Well, he finally made Aback work and became known as our most punishing blocker on the edge. Then when Laskey went down he answered the call without flinching at B and that's when he really started to shine. The kid is all class, totally unselfish and all about the team. His personality is infectious, who can forget "We're Going To Charlotte!" in the spring. We all thought it was energetic and motivating, who knew at the time it was prophetic?

Hats off to Synjyn, you will be sorely missed by this fan for being the total SA. You're the model GT Student Athlete, thanks for giving us your all and for giving us such a high bar for all future players to aspire to reach.

Last edited:

TomOReilly

Jolly Good Fellow
That preseason snippet really forecast our season very well. Hopefully, his attitude can be passed into 2015+. It is almost a legacy he leaves to the program.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Put me in the real happy for Synjyn camp. I always liked him and wanted him to succeed but felt he just couldn't get it together to be effective on the field. There was always something missing. He kept working, and finally got his shot at the right time. He earned his spot and didn't complain at all about being moved around. I will miss him greatly on and off the field.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Days is the kind of guy you just love to see have success

Furthermore, he is the type of guy that will ultimately be very successful in life...an infectious people person who is also smart, flexible and hard working. He is the personification of why many fans will always have this team at the top of their favorites list. Thanks for the memories Synjyn!

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I hope Synjyn can stay with the program coaching some if the NFL or CFL don’t work out. The kid played every position in this offense so he’s gotta have some good knowledge of it. Good personality to have around too.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
Excellent topic! Synjyn has been one of my favorite Jackets from the start. I so hated seeing him play well and then fumble. He has such a positive attitude and is such a team player. He will be remembered.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Another admirer. I remember in an early interview he made it clear he has a strong faith. I wondered if his name was based on the English English pronunciation of St. John, which comes out the same as Syngyn. Very humble guy, and one who greets adversity with a smile, if I can read that much into interviews.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
They tried Synjyn at BB before this year? Didn't know that.

Said it in another thread...wish Synjyn had another year at BB. Could be a 1500+ yard rusher with this offensive line and his running skillset. Also wish Laskey would have redshirted as opposed to "losing" a year switching from WR to DB. You never know though.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Another admirer. I remember in an early interview he made it clear he has a strong faith. I wondered if his name was based on the English English pronunciation of St. John, which comes out the same as Syngyn. Very humble guy, and one who greets adversity with a smile, if I can read that much into interviews.
He was named after the beach volleyball player Sinjin Smith.

032210.jpg

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Every time the camera was on SD he had a huge smile on his face. His enthusiasm was contagious, for both the players & the crowd.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I would hit like on all of the above posts, but I figured it would be easier just saying I agree with all that's been written. I looked up perseverance in the dictionary, and it had his picture by the definition.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
i don't recall him ever playing b-back before this year either. i do really wish he had been playing that position the whole time

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Pre clemson - player walk up just outside of GTAA players entrance - as he approached the entrance , Days stepped out of line And to the band blaring ramlin wrek - he got some big family pre game hugs and encouragement. ( I emailed pic to family at their request - told them their family is blessing to ga tech)

Attachments

• Clemson walkup.jpg
    Clemson walkup.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 201

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree with everyone here! One of my favorite players of all time. Did I read that he scored in the MOH bowl? Is there a video of the run? Never mind. I found it in another thread.

Last edited: