Synjyn Days

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
Days will get more time in the following:
  • The team has more than 50 snaps
  • The defense is defending the outside forcing more middle runs
  • GT Passes more as he is the better pass blocker
Thanks for starting this thread and for the comments. It is a newer position for him but CPJ says he knows the job of the BB. He knows them all by now. What bothers me most is that the coach point blank said last week that he meant to have played Days more but didn't, and needed to give him more touches this week. Yet with 8 minutes to go and the game well in hand up by 17, he still has Laskey in there. I am sorry but that was the time to give him playing time and work on his game. He came in at the 3 minute mark but by then Byerly was just keeping the ball himself to run out the clock. The coach did not do what he said he would do. I agree with the other poster, Days is getting a raw deal in my opinion. When he gets in, he is blocking the piss out of the opposing D. He needs enough touches to get into the flow of the game. Ask any running back and they will say the same thing. I like Laskey, but we need to have a solid backup in case he gets injured.

you work on that in practice not a game...JMO.

Jacket-n-Athens

Georgia Tech Fan
Yes you work on it, but you are going up against the scout team. When you have a lead and the game is winding down, that is when you get reps against better talent level to see how you respond in game action. You can't similate that kind of speed in practice. Plus this is a 5th year senior not a frosh.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Days will get his touches.

He's an AB/BB/short yardage QB. Laskey ran tough today, but he took a lot of hits today. His high running style makes him a target for some big hits. He's going to need to be spelled some every game or his body isn't going to hold up. Days will play more as the year goes on.
I agree with this ^ and am really glad to have a versatile player like Days on the team. He is kind of a "Jack of all Trades" and its really great to have him there when you really need him. He can sub anywhere in the backfield and also can help get the real tough yards.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I was surprised Mason was still in on that last drive. Maybe a wholesale change of personnel short changes the qb because he can't run anything? I dunno.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
My only point is that Synjyn was the listed starter at AB until being moved to BBack. Im ok with him being the backup there. But atleast give him a few chances to knock folks on their arse, on the perimeter, while Laskey is playing most of the snaps. JMO. Hill, Perkins, Zenon are ahead of him and I get why. But he should atleast get in on a few plays.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
He did play several snaps on O and I saw him on ST's. Not sure if he got any carries though. Hell, I think the starting BB only had 12 in the game.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm sorry but we sound like soccer parents defending our child's lack of playing time. It is great that we all love how this young man handles himself and represents the institution well. I have never met a coach that did not put the best players on the field to win and grow. This will work its self out over the season.