Super Bowl Turf

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
I never would have believed you could go to "college" for four years and be in charge of landscaping.

Going to Ugag is kind of like a 8-year-old's soccer game - everybody gets a trophy. Its not worth the material its made from but it looks good on the wall of the lawn equipment shed.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I never would have believed you could go to "college" for four years and be in charge of landscaping.

Going to Ugag is kind of like a 8-year-old's soccer game - everybody gets a trophy. Its not worth the material its made from but it looks good on the wall of the lawn equipment shed.
Guess I should return mine.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The turf at Levi's has been a mess since the stadium opened. Harbaugh pulled the team off the field during a practice a couple years ago because the condition of it was so poor.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Ed Mangan, head of the Super Bowl field crew for the 27th time this year, is the field director for the Atlanta Braves as his “day job.”

The 75,000 square feet of sod arrived to Levi’s Stadium on 25 trucks in 550 one-ton rolls, grown by the company on plastic to give it a stronger base. The NFL will use the same Bermuda 419 hybrid the 49ers have had success with in 2015—and from the same growers.