Sunday Poll thread

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I wish the committee would've not published any polls during the season. Regardless, the four game playoff seems to expand the controversy exponentially as more teams might theink that they have cases for top 4 than top 2 or #1.

As it stands now, there are no two loss teams in the top 7 of either poll, and none of those teams play one another from here on out. All other things being equal, if those teams win out, I would be for Baylor jumping Miss St, joining FSU, Bama, and Oregon in the top 4.

However, those three each has a not-insignificant rivalry-week game and a conference championship game. Oregon has to play Oregon State, who's 5-6 but who beat Arizona State just two weeks ago, and their conference championship. Bama has to play Auburn, and a loss would kick them out of their conference championship game if Miss State beats Ole Miss. However, I'm not sure that Miss State can phone-in that game against Ole Miss, so Alabama might still go to their conference championship as a 2-loss team, to face Missouri or georgie if Ark beats Mizzou this week. Finally, FSU has to play UF, who's only 6-4 but beat georgie just a few weeks ago., before facing us in the ACCCG.

As I look at those match-ups, there seem to be a lot of places for teams to slip-up. It's going to be an interesting few weeks. Who knows, maybe GT, TCU, Baylor, and tOSU will be the last teams standing.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
If the committee keeps their word and uses Conference Championships as a tiebreaker for similar resumes, I think Ohio State should jump into the top 4.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
What people need to realize about the 4 team playoff is it's just a stepping stone for the 8 team (or more) playoff. They weren't just going to jump from the BCS into having an 8 team playoff the next season. They are easing into the 8 team playoff by seeing if the playoff system is even successful before they just go from 2 teams having a chance to be champions at the end of the year to 8+ in consecutive seasons. I think people like the playoff system, just want it to be 8 teams or more. Which will happen.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
So basically the SEC has the best 1-loss, 2-loss, 3-loss, 4-loss, and 5-loss team. No bias here....
But not the best undefeated, because..you know...it's impossible to go undefeated in the SEC. If anyone was capable of such a feat, there would be no need for a playoff. Just end the season and give them the trophy.