Summer Ball

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
My understanding is that the CCL is a pitchers league, at least in general.

Sometimes guys get sick or are just flat worn out.

At GT they have already started "voluntary" work outs...

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My understanding is that the CCL is a pitchers league, at least in general.

Sometimes guys get sick or are just flat worn out.

At GT they have already started "voluntary" work outs...

The worn out idea is one I can relate to .... I thought they called baseball a "game". Maybe the players just enjoyed the summer more and chilled a bit? Looking at the two previous years,
http://beesball.com/summer2014.html
http://beesball.com/summer2013.html
we didn't have as many in the Cape Cod League which I have heard is the toughest league and the summer stats didn't seem to be much better ...... like AJ batting .130 in 2013. So there is always hope, but having a more positive result would have been better than me trying to say this may be a non-negative result........

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Stats are what they are. Better numbers tend to say something about the player, plain and simple.

Do bad summer numbers mean we have a crappy team? No. But it would make all of us feel much better if their numbers were better.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Stats are what they are. Better numbers tend to say something about the player, plain and simple.

Do bad summer numbers mean we have a crappy team? No. But it would make all of us feel much better if their numbers were better.

I agree to a point about stats, etc.. but I do believe it can be a double edge sword. IMHO

I'm not worried about us feeling better but the players themselves looking to improve during the summer and work on things after the summer league they were lacking in.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I'm not. Good stats are better than bad stats.

Super late response but I just saw this. There's no doubt about that but some stats are worth more than others. Summer wood bat league stats have very little predictive value when it comes to the coming season. I wouldn't be too dismayed by poor performances there or too excited about a great performance. They just kind of are.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Super late response but I just saw this. There's no doubt about that but some stats are worth more than others. Summer wood bat league stats have very little predictive value when it comes to the coming season. I wouldn't be too dismayed by poor performances there or too excited about a great performance. They just kind of are.

I talked with my friend whose son was drafted and played summer ball. You were probably right that summer stats can mean little since the players are more chilled and not as focused. Still I wish we had hit better.