Substitution Takaways

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Overall I was impressed with both the offense and defense substitutions, both who and when, and especially the freshmen .

(1) Sewak left Devine in on every O play until about 3 minutes before halftime, well after the other starting O linemen had given way to subs. I sure this was testing his stamina and maybe also building it up. This seemed to be a good challenge which was met.
(2) There was extensive use of Kallon on D throughout the game. Much like Devine it seemed to be a challenge which was met. I suspect Devine and Kallon played more downs than anybody in the game.
(3) It seemed at the time an extreme measure but there was extensive use of Stargel at DT. This must have been an effort to (1) find him a place to get PT and (2) save redshirts for Henderson and Glanton.
(4) many, if not all, of the healthy Scout team players as well as the 3 deep varsity players got some PT
(5) the freshmen who played got meaningful PT to give them an evaluation.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
I feel like the team is one legit body short at DT, especially with Gamble starting at DE. Gotsis and Jabari will be logging big minutes against the top tier teams. I hope they hold up. Gamble and Kallon rotate through, but I worry about the 4th quarter.