Stubhub Ticket Question

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Does StubHub actually sell tickets for the AA? I know they are the reseller partner and there is a link for people who purchased from the AA to resell on StubHub, but I have never seen anything that indicates direct ticket sales there.

There are plenty of tickets still available on the RamblinWreck site to purchase from the AA.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Stubhub and other 3rd party ticket distributors like SeatGeek typically buy large quantities of tickets from the GTAA (or whatever organization is selling tickets) at a discounted rate. So StubHub might buy 20,000 tickets from the GTAA, but instead of buying them for $50 each like what a normal ticket through GTAA costs, they may buy they for like $10 each, and then sell them for $25. So in the end Stub Hub is paying some money to GTAA, the majority of the cost for your ticket through StubHub is going directly to them, not GTAA.

Hope that makes sense.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Have scalpers been eliminated on gameday? For years, I've been buying tickets at either corner of the stadium from scalpers right before the game but when I went to the Ole Miss game, there were none around. Did something change? Ended up buying pair of CL tickets from stubhub.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Stubhub and other 3rd party ticket distributors like SeatGeek typically buy large quantities of tickets from the GTAA (or whatever organization is selling tickets) at a discounted rate. So StubHub might buy 20,000 tickets from the GTAA, but instead of buying them for $50 each like what a normal ticket through GTAA costs, they may buy they for like $10 each, and then sell them for $25. So in the end Stub Hub is paying some money to GTAA, the majority of the cost for your ticket through StubHub is going directly to them, not GTAA.

Hope that makes sense.
Just checked both places. I’d pay a few dollars more to stub than I’d pay to the AA for approximately the same tickets. Within two rows.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Just checked both places. I’d pay a few dollars more to stub than I’d pay to the AA for approximately the same tickets. Within two rows.
So why not give your money to GTAA, rather than Stubhub? I've seen a lot of complaining on this board on multiple threads that the GTAA doesn't have money to do this, or do that. The fact that Tech fans are just looking for the cheapest tickets they can find, rather than supporting the AA is part of the problem. Buy your tickets from GT. Then you're supporting the program. You buy tickets from alternative sources, yes you're supporting the program by showing up, but not financially as most of those avenues have other people making money, most likely making more money than Tech is.

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
So why not give your money to GTAA, rather than Stubhub? I've seen a lot of complaining on this board on multiple threads that the GTAA doesn't have money to do this, or do that. The fact that Tech fans are just looking for the cheapest tickets they can find, rather than supporting the AA is part of the problem. Buy your tickets from GT. Then you're supporting the program. You buy tickets from alternative sources, yes you're supporting the program by showing up, but not financially as most of those avenues have other people making money, most likely making more money than Tech is.
Because you can get better seats.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Have scalpers been eliminated on gameday? For years, I've been buying tickets at either corner of the stadium from scalpers right before the game but when I went to the Ole Miss game, there were none around. Did something change? Ended up buying pair of CL tickets from stubhub.
Due to mobile tix, scalpers are all but gone.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Due to mobile tix, scalpers are all but gone.
This ...

Told a grandfather and his grandson to bounce over to stubhub before the Ole Miss game. Most tickets are now electronic. Not sure how a scalper is getting paper tickets. Not saying that they aren't legit, but...