Still not ranked in AP?

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
GT comes in at 22.

I don't like to be negative in these spots because I'm glad we are finally ranked again after 3 years but damn no respect once again...Arizona 10th!!! How do you go from unranked to 10th!?!? Ole miss, miss st tied for 3rd!?!? Wow if they are going to jump that high I think we should have at least been 18..but the nation will realize it soon enough..screw the SEC haha

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't like to be negative in these spots because I'm glad we are finally ranked again after 3 years but damn no respect once again...Arizona 10th!!! How do you go from unranked to 10th!?!? Ole miss, miss st tied for 3rd!?!? Wow if they are going to jump that high I think we should have at least been 18..but the nation will realize it soon enough..screw the SEC haha

Understand your frustration but we're earning our credibility back with voters.... not really surprising they might take it slow with us for a few weeks.... every game we have left on schedule is a "good" win and right now Ga and Clemson would be very good wins... then a potential ACCCG with FSU would be a great win. I'm confident we will ultimately get all the recognition and respect we earn... It is nice to be back in rankings!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
One of the announcers on the ESPN wrap-up show said it all, "There isn't a dominant team this year."

They hate that. It means that all the usual gushy story lines replete with sado-masochist hyperbole that are the stock of college/pro football analysts (largely because they need so little work and so little knowledge of the game to write) are out. It also means that the entire "road to the championship" story line becomes more cumbersome as well. Now, just think what will happen if Tech goes into the Clempson game undefeated. Coach Holtz might actually be called on to explain how our O works and why to poor unsuspecting tv audiences. He'd enjoy it, I bet, since he doesn't get called on to actually analyze anymore and he's forgotten more about football then any of the rest of those clowns ever knew. But you can hear the guys at ESPN now, "But, but … they aren't an SEC school! But, but … they don't seem to need "dominant" players at every position to win! But, but … explaining how football offenses actually work is like explaining the national debt!"

Poor babies. I feel for them.