Status of Ted Roof as DC

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I believe he signed a 3 year contract recently. Plus, as others have said, his son is a commit.

Unless he got the ol' "So Ted, if an opportunity comes up, you may want to take it (hint hint)" talk with CPJ, I highly doubt he's NC to talk about the Wake Forest DC job. My guess is he's out there trying to get some studs to improve our defense.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
In all seriousness, other than Pitt theres really not a game where our defense blew it for us this year.
UNC was kind of a total team effort but the defense could've at least helped the O out some. They also tried to blow it against Duke. I do agree with you though. I've made the statement several times that although they "look bad" and aren't doing anything to really win a game for us, for the most part they have done enough in most games to not lose.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
How was he spotted exactly? Like was Roof hanging-out on WF campus, or did someone spot him at dinner with Stone Edwards?

Seriously Edwards looked good in the Shrine Bowl game but doesn't have a P5 offer yet according to Rivals. Offers from Army and Air Force mean he's GT material academically right?
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/183170
Per Edwards, My aspiration is to be a scientist specializing in biotechnology and bio-engineering. My collegiate goal is to obtain an undergraduate and graduate education so that I may apply my knowledge to the advancement of technologies in medical devices and software.

I would say yes.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Some of you people are hard to figure out.

Does anyone not understand that part of our DC's bowl comp package, for winning the game, are Gift certificates to Stamey's BBQ in Winston Salem? (Peterson wanted McDonalds but the Board stood firm)

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The tipped pass was a fluke.....And then there was our O that could not gain a half yard.
Ok just ignore the fact that our D didn't play well. I don't see how the O can be blamed when they put up 34 points lol. They had over 400 yards on us, 6-11 on third down, 1-1 on 4th down almost 10 yards per pass, and over 5 yards per rush. Please tell me how the other things out weight these numbers? If our D would have just played a little better the other stuff shouldn't have even mattered and there's a good chance we wouldn't have even gone for it on that 4th down. Let's just be realistic about it.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok just ignore the fact that our D didn't play well. I don't see how the O can be blamed when they put up 34 points lol. They had over 400 yards on us, 6-11 on third down, 1-1 on 4th down almost 10 yards per pass, and over 5 yards per rush. Please tell me how the other things out weight these numbers? If our D would have just played a little better the other stuff shouldn't have even mattered and there's a good chance we wouldn't have even gone for it on that 4th down. Let's just be realistic about it.
Not that I thought the defense played great that game, but I wouldn't necessarily say that the offense played amazingly either. Keep in mind that 7 of those points came from special teams due to JJ Green's kickoff return for a touchdown. That game was a game of inches. If Blewitt misses his kick, or if Lands-Davis doesn't drop the 4th down catch, or if Corey Griffin's tipped pass goes to a slightly different location, we probably win that game.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Not that I thought the defense played great that game, but I wouldn't necessarily say that the offense played amazingly either. Keep in mind that 7 of those points came from special teams due to JJ Green's kickoff return for a touchdown. That game was a game of inches. If Blewitt misses his kick, or if Lands-Davis doesn't drop the 4th down catch, or if Corey Griffin's tipped pass goes to a slightly different location, we probably win that game.
Youre right that it was a game of inches, my point was those things shouldn't have mattered if the D would have done just a little better.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Closing the loop here:

http://footballscoop.com/The-Scoop/

Wake Forest: Multiple sources tell FootballScoop Arkansas defensive coordinator Robb Smith is expected to become the new defensive coordinator at Wake Forest although we have not heard that the deal is complete at this time. Smith has served as defensive coordinator at Arkansas the past three seasons. He spent the 2013 season with the Tampa Bay Bucs and Greg Schiano and was at Rutgers from 2009-2012.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
In all seriousness, other than Pitt theres really not a game where our defense blew it for us this year.

Duke and UNC games were worse than Pitt game IMO. I wasn't able to watch all of Pitt game though. That was s pretty darn gd team we almost beat. If we had played "a little better" on D or O we probably win that game. Blewit got us 2 years in a row, never lived up to his name, and I'm glad to see him matriculate.