State your case on this!

Who cut the best wrestling promos of all time?

• Ric Flair

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Dussy Rose

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Macho Man Randy Savage

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Ultimate Warrior

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Scott Steiner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - STATE YOUR CASE!

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Who do you got when it comes to the greatest wrestling promos? It's a tremendously tough call for me...

The flamboyance of Ric Flair?

The folksiness of the American Dream?

The insanity of Macho Man Randy Savage?

The intensity of the Ultimate Warrior?

The incoherence of Scott Steiner?

SOMEONE ELSE?!?! The Rock?! Razor Ramon?! CM Punk?!

Deleted member 2897

Oh my word. How do you possibly pick? This is like asking which flavor of IPA is best. Hell, I don’t know - sample them all!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For those interested, Viceland is currently airing a really great docu-series called Dark Side of The Ring. The full episodes are on YouTube.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
But the answer @dtm1997 is the nature boy. Followed closely the dream, but the Naitch was the king

I think, in fact, you are correct and I love Slick Ric, but Dussy is my personal fave and got my vote. Seeing someone get hit wit da plundah and take it to the pay winduh on the Mothership was a weekly highlight during my college years.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
By request, a look back at The Rock 20 years ago... Even when he wasn't that good yet, he was still pretty good.

Also, another shame on me for forgetting the greats... legit got goosebumps watching this just now when the music hit.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Not bad - but in MY day as a youngster - my grandmother would take me to the old ATL Municipal Auditorium by Ga State.

A young mans psychological makeup is forever altered after witnessing several grudge matches between -

Eddie Graham / Dickie Steinborn vs (drumroll) The JAPS. Honest to goodness.

This was only about 15 years after WWII. Those poor ATL Police Officers working there those nights.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Just watched an old Dudley Boyz ECW promo that was incredible, but there is absolutely no way I can post it here due to the NSFW language & comments.

It's on YouTube called "Greatest promo in ECW history". Watch at your own peril.