Stat of the day (Miami edition)

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
We also held them to 8 yds/play. When they only have 5 3rd down plays in a game, that's not a good thing.
Miami had eight possessions. One ended the half after one play so let's throw that one out. They scored a TD on the first two. Of the remaining five, we held them to three points. I'm ok with that.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Miami had eight possessions. One ended the half after one play so let's throw that one out. They scored a TD on the first two. Of the remaining five, we held them to three points. I'm ok with that.
Like my brother said Miami may have only had 3 possessions in the 2nd half but there have been a lot of seasons where that would mean 21 points scored. I saw improvements out there on D today, but I primarily saw coaches who were really working together to the players strengths and trying to account for their weaknesses. And that went for all sides on coaching, O was playing the game in the best manner they could to help the D out. I loved seeing Golden jacked up and running on the field to congratulate the O when they went for it on that 4th and 3. So far each unit has found ways to assist the others and has really been developing as a true "team" this year. They just need to keep that up every practice and game until after the last play of the last game whenever that happens to be.