Stansbury

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I'm waiting for the 4 wins next yr to be a 33% !!!! increase in wins. Wow, 33% , I wish my stocks went up that much in a yr.Can't complain about that. or can you?--you know what they say about statistics

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I think what really rubs GT fans the wrong way is Collins reactions. He never gets pissed. He just acts. If just a couple of times he would show his true emotions instead of pretending. No way he isn’t pissed when DB’s continuously let WR’s behind them. Yet, we all see the fake love instead of him just being real. The 2nd play of the ND game we gave up a simple slant to a TE for 38 yards. Everyone of us was going apesh!t because we have seen this for 3 straight years. Yet Thacker and Collins act like it never happened. It’s just weird. Kirby, Saban, Lincoln, Cutcliffe, would have been throwing headsets or smashing the DC’s head with a brick. We’ve endure 3 years of watching our coach act. It’s easy to say “we address those things privately“. Well it ain’t working because the first real play of the game a TE was uncovered. The first UGA TD was the same. Yet, our coach puts on an act. And if he truly doesn’t get pissed watching his career go up in flames then what kind of competitor is he?

This. So much this. He's like a robot that lives in his own universe.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
We continue to grow, continue to battle, continue to develop, continue to get better and better EVE-RY DAYYY.

It’s the communication piece, the athleticism piece, the coaching piece, All Of Those THINGSSS

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
We continue to grow, continue to battle, continue to develop, continue to get better and better EVE-RY DAYYY.

It’s the communication piece, the athleticism piece, the coaching piece, All Of Those THINGSSS

Temple's defense was ELITE. That's why we scored 2 points. I left a great base of talent when I left...errr wait, they sucked just like us.

Jmonty71

Banned
He does remind me of a press secretary than a head coach. Pushing narratives, avoiding questions, with practiced word play and saying we are doing better, by moving the pass/fail line. Eventually when you say the same things over and over, people stop listening and stop believing any said.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
He does remind me of a press secretary than a head coach. Pushing narratives, avoiding questions, with practiced word play and saying we are doing better, by moving the pass/fail line. Eventually when you say the same things over and over, people stop listening and stop believing any said.
Hmm interesting. I guess if I mention Gin Sake, this will be removed?

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
Stansbury's lack of communication skills may indeed be his undoing. From KS latest article on GT:
“That’s certainly the way I see it,” Garrett said. “Didn’t he say, ‘I’ve got my man’? He’s got his man. He’s going to have to ride him.”
He probably should have expressed support for Collins a bit differently....

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

I've been told multiple times that he's not talking to us, he's talking to 17 year olds. But, it is strange. No real analysis of the game or what we can do to improve beyond more effort.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Exactly. Perhaps one year of the phrases and narratives would've been okay. But the same thing over and over again for three years indicates to me that he is either in over his head or thinks he's smarter than all of use and thinks we won't question him and his responses, which I think he is way off base on. He is the CEO of the football program. He needs to answer questions and the fact that he started the pre Ga game press conference with a comment to the fans, the first time he has done that really in three years, is telling that someone got to him and said "you are losing your entire fan base. You better get with the program."

O'Leary, Gailey, Ross, Johnson never sugar coated things. Tell us what is going on and how you're going to fix it. We will cut you some slack for a while, but now it has just become a joke.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Too be fair, the waffle house thing is supposedly providing NIL opportunities to all of our players so it may be contractual :ROFLMAO:

If Waffle House wants to provide NIL dollars to our program, I am all for it. Having our coach with a Waffle House cup on the sideline or in a press conference is just embarrassing. Seems like something you would see Valdosta State or Jacksonville State or something like that. Just odd.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
If Waffle House wants to provide NIL dollars to our program, I am all for it. Having our coach with a Waffle House cup on the sideline or in a press conference is just embarrassing. Seems like something you would see Valdosta State or Jacksonville State or something like that. Just odd.
I haven't seen it on the side line. That would be over the top.

Can you say what is different between the waffle house cup being on the podium in CGC press conferences and Nick Saban having a coke bottle on his podium is?

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
So you haven't noticed all the P5 coaches wearing headsets with corporate logos affixed? This ship has sailed....

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
So you haven't noticed all the P5 coaches wearing headsets with corporate logos affixed? This ship has sailed....

Yes, absolutely I have. Have you noticed any other coaches walking the sidelines with a McDonald's cup or a Moe's cup or a Huddle House cup? I see coaches and players drinking from Gatorade or Powerade cups or bottles. Collins is presumably doing it to be cute. If there was a deal for doing it, make it public so he's not seen as more of a clownish figure than he already is.

I've seen a bunch of coaches with an AT&T or Verizon logo on their headsets, but I don't see any of them pulling out their phone with the AT&T/Verizon logo on it on the sideline or at a press conference. I do see Saban with a bottle of Coke at his press conferences every week and assume there is a financial aspect to it. But with Waffle House, which I've loved for 40 years, if there isn't a financial deal to it, it looks low class. If we're getting $100,000 a year that's going to NIL or the scholarship fund, say that and I'll shut my mouth about it.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been told multiple times that he's not talking to us, he's talking to 17 year olds. But, it is strange. No real analysis of the game or what we can do to improve beyond more effort.
So I've heard, but speakers all understand that they must know their audience. Maybe he's gaining recruits but loosing adult fans that know bs when they hear it. Seems like loosing fans is the bigger problem? Oh and again from me, its not just about winning, its representing the institute proudly and of course. there is a lot of overlap. But if you dance like Dabo, you'd better be a national champ