Stansbury talks w/ Jeff Schultz and Zach Klein

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury is getting great exposure for GT. The last AD was MIA for some reason. TStan is a great hire. I wonder what he will do about WBB and baseball being mediocre for so long. Both need to improve.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
Stansbury is getting great exposure for GT. The last AD was MIA for some reason. TStan is a great hire. I wonder what he will do about WBB and baseball being mediocre for so long. Both need to improve.
Baseball yes. Unless the coffers are overflowing and bobby dodd has the largest jumbotron in the acc, I wouldn't put any extra money into wbb.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
WBB has one of the top classes in the country coming in next year.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Listened, good stuff.
Like the direction of promoting / embracing uniqueness of GT as apposed to trying to be like all other schools to compete.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Can't wait for the big campaign they're gonna roll out. Has the feeling it could be a game changer for us

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I agree. I hope we get the response we anticipate. That and the lessening of the contract drain will put the GTAA in a pretty good position financially. Then we'll see if we can leverage that into better results. My guess = yes.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I came away impressed with Tstan. You can't fake his passion and knowledge of trends and internal GT stuff.

Coincidentally, as I was listening to the stream, I tried to get in touch with my uncle (a former SA) and found out he would get back to me tomorrow because he and some friends were busy at a small/medium donor event. I didn't go to tech, but both my dad and uncle were SA's. Both admit that they were not good students, but it has been the single most important positive institutional influence in their lives and by extension our family's. I think the route as an "underqualified" SA is something that a lot of alums and Atlanta area folks would happily get behind.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Finally! He actually articulated some of GTs brand. "Our players go pro and when sports are done then they REALLY start to succeed".

He has talked constantly about gts brand, identifying it, sharpening it, distilling it, but, until now, I've never heard him spell any of it out. That's a winner. That's something you can sell.

I'd love to hear the rest.