Stansbury hired at NCSU

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
image_2023-01-04_113452895.png

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
From early on I always questioned how smart the man was, but then I did not know him personally.
Not saying it's the case here but have noticed successful coaches sometimes seem to get an AD put in place that they can manage and manipulate, always wondered how Dave Braine ended up at GT if the real truth were known, not what they wanted the public to see.
GT athletics has been a "bird nest" on the ground so to speak IMO for a long, long time.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
From early on I always questioned how smart the man was, but then I did not know him personally.
Not saying it's the case here but have noticed successful coaches sometimes seem to get an AD put in place that they can manage and manipulate, always wondered how Dave Braine ended up at GT if the real truth were known, not what they wanted the public to see.
GT athletics has been a "bird nest" on the ground so to speak IMO for a long, long time.
Seemed very intelligent when he came here and said all the right things. He did well with most sports, but just basically made one disastrous decision with football. He'll probably make an excellent Deputy AD.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It looks like he was in bed asleep, and they flipped the lights on, threw a jacket on him, and snapped the picture before he was fully awake or could put his dentures in.

And, just to be clear, I'm not commenting on his looks or whatever. I'm just saying that is a terrible picture.

Like,if that was the best what TF did the rejects look like?

He looks unprepared. It really does look like they woke him from a deep sleep, flicked on the lights, and said 'say cheese, muthaf*#$$'!

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Seemed very intelligent when he came here and said all the right things. He did well with most sports, but just basically made one disastrous decision with football. He'll probably make an excellent Deputy AD.
It was several. Collins original hire, then unspeakably when everyone knew Collins was a waking dead man saying "I have my man!" - Seriously the dumbest comment I think he could make, and standing behind Pastner by extending him.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
It was several. Collins original hire, then unspeakably when everyone knew Collins was a waking dead man saying "I have my man!" - Seriously the dumbest comment I think he could make, and standing behind Pastner by extending him.
At the time the Pastner extension seemed logical, considering we were coming off of two winning years, an ACC title + NCAA bid. What baffled me was the Danny Hall extension. I like Hall a lot but he's getting a bit old.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Not much to do in Raleigh unless he plays golf. Oh, forgot he is Canadian and the Hurricanes are pretty good. The state fair is a big deal in October.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Extending Partner was reasonable, and at the point he backed Geoffrey, I don't think he had much choice but to double down.