Stansbury being sued by Oregon State?

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
IDK why our sports programs like making life more difficult for itself, even knowing the institutional slavery machine called the NCAA has it out for us... cant we just put of noses to the grindstone and work? Enough of this BS!

same with the school under peterson. Nothing but corruption and rather than firing him we let him stay until he was vested in retirement benefits.

its just as bad as Washington politics. The oversight of all of this is the swamp overseeing the swamp.

its a joke. There needs to be serious changes is so much we do.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
I suspect it might have something to do with the Institute’s new president, Angel Cabrera, who took office this past September. I’m not an insider and I don’t know anything for sure, but I suspect a review has been conducted, and some changes have been or are being done that affect the operation and/or management of the GTAA.

cyclejacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I wouldn’t be surprised if he had a disagreement with them around how they were applying payments and interest and eventually in July he told him to go pound sand.

We gave him a $1.1m loan, plus he’s been making payments, yet Oregon State is saying he’s only paid off $700k. The math doesn’t add up. Oregon State people probably suck at math.

This

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I suspect it might have something to do with the Institute’s new president, Angel Cabrera, who took office this past September. I’m not an insider and I don’t know anything for sure, but I suspect a review has been conducted, and some changes have been or are being done that affect the operation and/or management of the GTAA.
doubt it

LibertyTurns

Banned
Could be. He’s not exactly a sports fan. He’ll do the bare minimum but don’t expect any beneficial changes with respect to sports only more handcuffs, potholes and roadblocks.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Why do you say Cabrera isn't a sports fan? I have no info one way or another, but he tweets a fair amount about Tech athletics.
Here’s a start.

https://diversity.gatech.edu/news/cabrera-comes-home

Second thing I’d look for is what has he done? Does he plan to do anything? I have no evidence he really cares other than he’s shown up to a few sports events. That’s just working over donors to help academics.

Deleted member 2897

Here’s a start.

https://diversity.gatech.edu/news/cabrera-comes-home

Second thing I’d look for is what has he done? Does he plan to do anything? I have no evidence he really cares other than he’s shown up to a few sports events. That’s just working over donors to help academics.

I was wondering if anybody else noticed that. His first major speech listing his interests, background, and strategic goals for Georgia Tech. Never mentions sports, even tangentially, not even through the most remote of hints.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I was wondering if anybody else noticed that. His first major speech listing his interests, background, and strategic goals for Georgia Tech. Never mentions sports, even tangentially, not even through the most remote of hints.

Tech’s prez is not bonused by the performance of the sports teams. I think most would prefer that sports be eliminated or made a club sport.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
We gave him a huge raise and loan to cover the buyout, ie, we are paying it. In other words we would have paid for it but were cash strapped so structured a salary/loan deal.

if he decided on his own to default on paying the loan then f him. He deserves to be sued. Sorry. He gets paid 900k a year to do not much and knew the terms

not gonna defend someone just cuz they work at tech

now. If he hasn’t defaulted and there is an honest reason then i hope it works well for him
These are the facts. Tech included in T. Stans salary the money to pay his buyout. I'm not sure if Tech is responsible for actually sending the payments in to Oregon, or T.Stan mails it in? There has to be some kind of mistake, Todd could not be that stupid, but I could see Tech pulling a blunder though.

Deleted member 2897

These are the facts. Tech included in T. Stans salary the money to pay his buyout. I'm not sure if Tech is responsible for actually sending the payments in to Oregon, or T.Stan mails it in? There has to be some kind of mistake, Todd could not be that stupid, but I could see Tech pulling a blunder though.

That can’t be it. It’s been 3 years - Oregon State if they didn’t receive a payment would have called and asked. This smells like to me Stansbury paid it off but Oregon State was cheating with how they were calculating interest. We have Stansbury $1.1m up front and a higher salary so he could pay it off. But all this time later they say he only paid $700k? Makes no sense.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
That can’t be it. It’s been 3 years - Oregon State if they didn’t receive a payment would have called and asked. This smells like to me Stansbury paid it off but Oregon State was cheating with how they were calculating interest. We have Stansbury $1.1m up front and a higher salary so he could pay it off. But all this time later they say he only paid $700k? Makes no sense.
The complaint says he was making the monthly payments, then stopped in July.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Yeah who knows