Stansbury Article

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
when people crack on the offense they clearly don't know football and especially football at GT. This offense gives us the best chance to win. Just look at what CPJ has accomplished at GT. When others ask I just tell them to look up who leads the nation in explosive plays or TD's over 50 yards. Guess what - it's GT. Ask all the others like NC State fans -when is the last time they made the orange bowl or even an acc championship. LOL

I liked Stansbury's quote about "nobody wants to play us"...it's one thing that I always go back to when people (aka fans of other teams) complain about our offense. If it's so outdated and ineffective, why do we present such a huge problem for DCs that they have to completely change up their usual defenses and prep all throughout the year to have a chance to stop us? Shouldn't our own fans understand that it's a good sign that opponents hate to play us?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I liked Stansbury's quote about "nobody wants to play us"...it's one thing that I always go back to when people (aka fans of other teams) complain about our offense. If it's so outdated and ineffective, why do we present such a huge problem for DCs that they have to completely change up their usual defenses and prep all throughout the year to have a chance to stop us? Shouldn't our own fans understand that it's a good sign that opponents hate to play us?
Because we injure every defensive player that ever plays against us. Duh.

techdad

Jolly Good Fellow
His main job should be to unify the athletic program with the students and faculty of GT!! Also to be a positive voice for the whole athletic department and become engaged with the metro Atlanta area. While GT needs physical upgrades to parts of their athletic facilities, there has to be a more positive feeling

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury? This guy can not be any good. He played football at Tech and then went and graduated from Georgia Tech. We should have hired someone with some other school on his resume. This will never work out!:rolleyes:

Go Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Stansbury-Johnson partnership showing encouraging signs

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...ing-encouraging-signs/Tr3NnwIL9mNZGe5U77OAwJ/

Georgia Tech athletic director Todd Stansbury marked one month in office Wednesday. His impact has been felt already. His days have been jammed with meetings with donors and staff, and the work evidently doesn’t stop for long.

“He’s high energy,” Johnson said. “He communicates. I think he has hit the ground running in trying to do the right things. Hopefully, he’ll get some things done.”

“I’m feeling really good about our partnership together, and for putting (the football team) in a position to be successful,” Stansbury said. “I think so far it’s been great getting to know coach Johnson.”

Regardless, the relationship and common ground that Johnson and Stansbury have found would seem encouraging for the team’s future. The relationship between Johnson and Bobinski was professional but distant, particularly when contrasted against the friendship that Johnson shared with former AD Dan Radakovich. Gregg Garrett, the donor and a friend of Johnson’s, said that Johnson and Stansbury act as though they’ve been working together for five years.

At the end of a season that has surpassed expectations, Johnson has reason to look with anticipation to 2017. On the field, the Jackets will return 18 players who have started six or more games this season. Off it, his athletic director has made quite clear his agreement and support of his vision.

Said Johnson, “It’s refreshing.”

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...ing-encouraging-signs/Tr3NnwIL9mNZGe5U77OAwJ/

Georgia Tech athletic director Todd Stansbury marked one month in office Wednesday. His impact has been felt already. His days have been jammed with meetings with donors and staff, and the work evidently doesn’t stop for long.

“He’s high energy,” Johnson said. “He communicates. I think he has hit the ground running in trying to do the right things. Hopefully, he’ll get some things done.”

“I’m feeling really good about our partnership together, and for putting (the football team) in a position to be successful,” Stansbury said. “I think so far it’s been great getting to know coach Johnson.”

Regardless, the relationship and common ground that Johnson and Stansbury have found would seem encouraging for the team’s future. The relationship between Johnson and Bobinski was professional but distant, particularly when contrasted against the friendship that Johnson shared with former AD Dan Radakovich. Gregg Garrett, the donor and a friend of Johnson’s, said that Johnson and Stansbury act as though they’ve been working together for five years.

At the end of a season that has surpassed expectations, Johnson has reason to look with anticipation to 2017. On the field, the Jackets will return 18 players who have started six or more games this season. Off it, his athletic director has made quite clear his agreement and support of his vision.

Great article

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This is what I love. Changing the playing field, change the narrative, change the discussion to something we win in. That is smart.
Todd understands the whole "Tech Experience" which means he gets the positives and negatives of being the head coach at Georgia Tech in any sport. I pray that he will build on this goodwill to seek much needed additional resources in coaching, recruiting and player development so that we can continue to be a force in the now formidable ACC and a continuing thorn in the side of that school to the east. Why this guy "gets it" and the other AD (MBob?) didn't remains a source of wonderment to me. Anyway, I think we are in good hands and the future looks to be brighter.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, apparantely 92.9 had a poll about the offense and 74% of "our fans" don't like it. I'm not sure those were actually Tech fans, or mutt fans being cute, but the idea is absolutely insane to me. We've had a lot of success under coach and a successful offense is what I like, whether it runs 80 times a game or throws it 80 times a game.

It baffles me and, honestly, pisses me off. Paul Johnson is the most successful coach we can get who won't just use us as a stepping stone, mainly because his offense isn't "sexy" to other powerhouses. Let's not be mutts and run a damn good coach out of town, only to take major steps back.
I seriously question the validity of this poll. Given the right material and players who buy into it, the offense works well enough to give us a chance in games we should not be competitive. Why would our school change a coach who is on the cusp of back to back successful recruiting years and who has earned numerous accolades like ACC titles, coach of the year etc.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I seriously question the validity of this poll. Given the right material and players who buy into it, the offense works well enough to give us a chance in games we should not be competitive. Why would our school change a coach who is on the cusp of back to back successful recruiting years and who has earned numerous accolades like ACC titles, coach of the year etc.

Yea cmon. 92.9 "poll"? I'm pretty sure I got buzz selected as mascot of the year on some site by writing a bot in like 5 min that just automated a vote then reset my browser and voted again...ran it half a day... It's not exactly a Gallup poll.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer

Wow. It's hard to be more encouraging in an article than that.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Yea cmon. 92.9 "poll"? I'm pretty sure I got buzz selected as mascot of the year on some site by writing a bot in like 5 min that just automated a vote then reset my browser and voted again...ran it half a day... It's not exactly a Gallup poll.
True dat! But I am not as computer literate as you young whipersnappers so keep that in mind.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Hope this is not to far off subject and hope it doesn't turn into a thread most people don't want to have again lol, but since stansbury will be involved in this, any word on new uniforms @BigDaddyBuzz? I believe you were the one talking about how we were in talks with Nike and under armour.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
No one cares what 92.9 thinks. Except ATL1, apparently...

If you are referring to their poll, is that what the station thinks? Or, regardless of the skeptics, is that what respondents think? Just coz we may disagree does not mean others do not believe that.

And, if TStan is correct, by saying nobody wants to play us, well that could hurt GT. If it is true, that means we can not schedule more attractive games ($) and are stuck with crap like gsu & mercer taking up 2 home games a year that do not help us.

Not that I do not like the O - I just think it cuts down on our recruiting pool and we should take notice that in these discussions D is never mentioned. Seems to be an afterthought - like a necessary evil part of the game we have to be bothered with.

As regards, from another post, funding it seems those giving now are going to have to buy more tickets/ give more $ per ticket or we will have to sell more tickets / get more $ donations from those not buying / giving now. Or both.

Which will it be if not both. And I would hope we all know which would be best.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Todd understands the whole "Tech Experience" which means he gets the positives and negatives of being the head coach at Georgia Tech in any sport. I pray that he will build on this goodwill to seek much needed additional resources in coaching, recruiting and player development so that we can continue to be a force in the now formidable ACC and a continuing thorn in the side of that school to the east. Why this guy "gets it" and the other AD (MBob?) didn't remains a source of wonderment to me. Anyway, I think we are in good hands and the future looks to be brighter.
It probably does to everybody, but maybe a lot of it had to do with his complete lack of football experience as an AD, and maybe using GT as a quick stepping stone to get it on his resume for the next high hurdling stop. I have no clue as to whether he actually the athletic programs, but seems pretty clear he did not help football at all. He learned more from Johnson than Johnson learned from him, and then he moved on.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If you are referring to their poll, is that what the station thinks? Or, regardless of the skeptics, is that what respondents think? Just coz we may disagree does not mean others do not believe that.

And, if TStan is correct, by saying nobody wants to play us, well that could hurt GT. If it is true, that means we can not schedule more attractive games ($) and are stuck with crap like gsu & mercer taking up 2 home games a year that do not help us.

Not that I do not like the O - I just think it cuts down on our recruiting pool and we should take notice that in these discussions D is never mentioned. Seems to be an afterthought - like a necessary evil part of the game we have to be bothered with.

As regards, from another post, funding it seems those giving now are going to have to buy more tickets/ give more $ per ticket or we will have to sell more tickets / get more $ donations from those not buying / giving now. Or both.

Which will it be if not both. And I would hope we all know which would be best.
I get your point. But it would be a sad commentary if everybody wanted to play us. We're going through a season in which Johnson and his top two acolytes are all in bowl games, and Monken won eight games at Army, of all places, and just had a 480-yard track meet rushing to a bowl win. (I watched Army a couple of times and as poor as I may be at judging talent, I got to say Army had few athletes on the field. Army-Navy has returned to being a premier rivalry game of national interest.