Stakes even higher in ACC-SEC rivalry

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
SEC twice as good as ACC with 24-12 record over ACC in head to head since 2010. Sorry guys, we (ACC) needs to win more. Till then stop whining.
I guess I forget what this thread was about. I thought we were saying the SEC was over-hyped as a conference. That still seems to hold true to me this year. We are not saying how the SEC compares head to head against the ACC in past years. We are talking about consistently high rankings of teams that have proven themselves to not be as good as their rankings (Missouri, Auburn, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas A&M etc.) based not on head to head competition with other conferences but with the simple fact that they are in the SEC.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/tvc/bigeast/sec.shtml
Guess the Big East/American was/is the best conference in the nation with a winning record over the SEC...

I think the ACC and SEC are really the main conferences that go head to head. Pac12/Big10 don't constantly play games against them so they don't have stats to show them being dominated more.

Look at pac12 vs ACC. Its not like their matching up against good times. UVA has played UCLA and Oregon in the past couple of years and lost but UVA is near the bottom of the ACC. That's a bit of a mismatch, but Oregon vs Mich St. is more top vs top. I wish teams of relative strengths inside their own conferences would match up more often. Beating up on the bottom of opposing conferences is kinda pointless.
I like the idea of a ACC/BIG 10 challenge like we have in basketball. It doesnt necessarily have to be that conference... but it would be cool as hell to see even teams from different conferences battle it out year to year. I think it would have rave reviews from around the country. Especially if they switched conferences every 4 or 8 years.