Spring Training 2021

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
For those who are complaining about the penalties last year (and it’s a legit complaint that I share even as a CGC fan), what should CGC be doing that he isn’t? Let’s agree that the Time Masheen doesn’t exist and it’s a sucky ride anyway, so he can’t go back and fix last year. So that’s not an option. This year it appears that correcting that problem is one of the high priorities he has. They are changing the way practices are run to be less about frenetic activity and music and culture installation and more about disciplined football. First practice and they already has officials there calling penalties to help us figure out things we need to do better. It seems the coaches also spent a lot of time meeting this off season (I’m guessing this was partly enabled by the continued quiet period in recruiting) to plan for how to get better.

Is there something that indicates fixing the penalty problem is NOT a high priority? I’m asking that genuinely because it appears to me they get that it was a big deal and needs to be fixed and are doing something about it.

yrp

Jolly Good Fellow
Solid article for those who can read it
Jeff Sims' progress clear to Georgia Tech coordinator Dave Patenaude

https://www.ajc.com/sports/georgia-...lear-to-patenaude/UBHXO5FG6JEQTIVLPKABKJBJ5Y/

(Via AJC)

the three QBs are disciplined and study on their own. Sims came in with a lot of talent, but lacking some coaching and fundamentals. He should come a long way this year.
Interesting that Pnode mentions that some f the penalty problems were cause Sims didn't understand his cadences and cadence changes enough to coordinate with the center. He doesn't expect that to be a problem this season.

Also Pnode says that Sims didn't have a lot of good football knowledge coming in - hopefully that means we'll see a lot of improvement from him now that he's studied the game more and understands our system better.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
My biggest concern. Collins coached teams have ranked near the bottom of the ncaa in penalties for four straight years. This year will be telling since it’s clear they putting an emphasis on improving it. Five years straight would point to a systematic problem IMO.

We were one of the least penalized team in 2019