Spring Practice

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
I am hopeful for the future with this staff. I'm very cautiously optimistic about the 2024 defense, but long term I think we have a staff that will absolutely get it going in the right direction.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or does Biggers look like he's lost quite a bit of weight in that picture?
I thought the same thing as you, seems like I previously saw where he said he had changed his body some including losing weight. Sounding like our front could be very different this fall, I'm all for that.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I thought the same thing as you, seems like I previously saw where he said he had changed his body some including losing weight. Sounding like our front could be very different this fall, I'm all for that.
You may be recalling discussions about Zeke's strength and conditioning efforts last season. He seems to be continuing to shed excess "bad" weight - and I'm hoping @Lil G's post is prescient.

From the Clemson postgame:
I will say that Biggers has really changed to look more fit than even last year. He obviously has been working on his S&C. He played well in the first quarter. The entire DL looked gassed in the second half.

He looks more athletic every year. If his progress stays linear, I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s all ACC next year.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Did I hear that a true FR OT -Riggs---got time with the ones? I sure hope the FR RB Carrie gets the#2 slot.We need some size there. No big surprise if the transfer DBs both start in fall They have some cred..
FR LB, Butler may be on 2nd unit.?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
You may be recalling discussions about Zeke's strength and conditioning efforts last season. He seems to be continuing to shed excess "bad" weight - and I'm hoping @Lil G's post is prescient.

From the Clemson postgame:
I'm quite pleased with Biggers. At a more muscular weight he could be more of a factor. The guy has talent, but he sometimes fagghed out in games, as he would be the first to admit. But, Zeke, hard work pays off. Keep it up!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Do we go into the portal for one, maybe even two more DLs? Seems to me that it would be easier to work DLs into the lineup successfully by early season than offensive guys, but I'm so far removed from it today maybe that's not right. Seems like I heard that coaches can now work with kids on the field some between spring practice and fall camp.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Is it just me, or does it seem like Key has added more off-field coaches to his staff than we've ever had? Not that I have a problem with that, but somehow he has been given a budget for it.
New administration is realizing you gotta spend money to make money - facilities, coaches, recruiting, helicopters. Hopefully Key can turn it around and it isn’t too little too late.

I saw a video last night from 2014 and my high school had nicer locker rooms. Maybe if CPJ had this sort of support from Bud, we’d be one of the ones trying to escape the ACC instead of fighting to survive within it.