Spring Practice - Day #2

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
DJ comes across as supremely confident. If the rest of the D follows his example I have a feeling we will be not only decent on D, but actually very good. Leadership is one area I was a little nervous about going into this offseason but it looks like natural leaders are emerging. We might end up a better team than last year when it's all said and done! Watch out Duke and UNC, y'all are in for a hurting!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Holy moly, that interview blew me away. Never saw a player rock an interview like that.

Maybe it's confirmation bias or selective memory, but I can't remember an interview with a GT athlete where I cringe at what comes out of their mouth. Other schools, especially from that one conference from the Southeast (ahem), when their athletes get interviewed I'm usually like "wow...that dude is in college?!"

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Man, I never thought I'd want to track spring practice as much as I do this year. That's what a great season will do for your attitude.
Thanks to Eric and Company for providing us the info and this site.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer

Great fish-eye pic taken from the small balcony on the Brock.

For me, the most important thing in that picture is waaayyy....over on the far left. It's small--but on the fence where you see "Yellow Jackets," there is a Matrix countdown timer and another Matrix that has numbers. The practices are so well organized that the coaches just glance over each time the buzzer sounds. Then, they check the practice sheet and know what drill they will run next. Then, they move the players along quickly to the next station. And, the timer starts to count down how many minutes they have until the next station change.

As we would hope, it is so well organized and staged based on what the coaches have determined needs to be worked on in that morning's meeting. Fascinating to watch.