Spring game likely to stay on Friday

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Good. The weather was great the first year, and it was a lot of fun. The only advantage of the saturday spring games was the ability to bring a cooler of beer...

CrackerJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Dunno if this is really such a good idea. If I were an Atlanta-area resident, I'd much rather come to midtown on Saturday than deal with Friday drive time traffic. I hope the GTAA marketing folks have a better feel for fan sentiment than I do.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Good. The weather was great the first year, and it was a lot of fun. The only advantage of the saturday spring games was the ability to bring a cooler of beer...

Why could you bring beer on Saturday but not Friday? (Anyway, you can always bring your own whisky : )

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
Dunno if this is really such a good idea. If I were an Atlanta-area resident, I'd much rather come to midtown on Saturday than deal with Friday drive time traffic. I hope the GTAA marketing folks have a better feel for fan sentiment than I do.

I could see how traffic would be a deterrent. I think moving it to 8pm would be better and would allow a little more tailgating and pre-game activities.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow

I drove to the game from Buford and had no issues with traffic. Atlanta traffic can be a nightmare but it it is also used as a crutch by people looking for an excuse to stay home.