SportingATL Interviews DeAndre Smelter

gtpkt

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought that was a great interview. As a 9ers and GT fan, I'm gonna be following Smelter big time throughout the offseason. :)

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Definitely one of my favorite players over the last 2 years. Incredible athlete with great size. Also, had the opportunity to meet him at the ACC Championship and he was a very nice young man. I have felt for a while that he would make a great NFL receiver. Think San Fran got great value getting him in the 4th round.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
What a class guy! Said the uga tackle where he tore his ACL was not a dirty play. I blame that more on the refs for having such slow whistles. That aspect hurt us big time that game.... Dre's injury and the 99 yd td play.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
What a class guy! Said the uga tackle where he tore his ACL was not a dirty play. I blame that more on the refs for having such slow whistles. That aspect hurt us big time that game.... Dre's injury and the 99 yd td play.
And don't forget the nearly game-crushing fumble/incomplete pass by JT in the 4th...and yet the clear better team still won. Those plays were the kinds that always go against us in that game and they usually have been the difference, but this time we overcame. It's a new era, folks!
Btw, I am so glad we pulled out the UGA game not for us fans, but for Justin! He looked so broken sitting alone on the sideline after that second fumble it could have ruined his confidence. Instead, now he knows that there's always a chance. That play (plus the sideline "throwaway" INTs he had...probably won't see him do that again) will be some very good teachable moments for this offseason.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I have been saying that since the play happened. The UGA player realized the whistle wasn't blown so did his best to just try to tackle him again. Ref's fault.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

I have been saying that since the play happened. The UGA player realized the whistle wasn't blown so did his best to just try to tackle him again. Ref's fault.

Something that many had already said. BLAME THE REFs on that one!
Good to see DeAndre making the comment public!