Speed, Moves, and Blocking

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
The Pitt d was SLOW, amirite? Their pursuit was always late. Perk isn't fast enough to do what he did. 47 had the angle but was moving in slow motion.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Look at #2 for Pitt in the final Snoddy run just after he runs over the defender. He made a grammar school level attempt at a tackle and doesn't try to wrap up at all.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
King, Baynham, and Snow will always be the best Tech backfield. Are any of them still alive?
Hard to compare current offenses with those because of the changes in football over the years. One of my favorite all-time Tech wins was during that time period. Tech beat Tennessee 6 to 3. Snow had a great year but his rushing total was about 760 yards (3.8 ypc)

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Hard to compare current offenses with those because of the changes in football over the years. One of my favorite all-time Tech wins was during that time period. Tech beat Tennessee 6 to 3. Snow had a great year but his rushing total was about 760 yards (3.8 ypc)
Two of my all time favorite wins were the Tennessee game you mention and the Gator Bowl the year before when Tech beat Texas Tech and Snow outgained Anderson.

Declinometer

Banned
The Pitt d was SLOW, amirite? Their pursuit was always late. Perk isn't fast enough to do what he did. 47 had the angle but was moving in slow motion.

Conditioning is not just getting ready for the season. It's keeping the team conditioned and fresh for the entire season. It's really a science that the Tech conditioning people have done a good job of so far this season it appears.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
rwmwmb
Two of my all time favorite wins were the Tennessee game you mention and the Gator Bowl the year before when Tech beat Texas Tech and Snow outgained Anderson.
I loved that one as well
That Gator bowl was a great one. Tech passed 10 times and ran 79 times. Don't you hate run dominated teams :) Snow was my dad's favorite player and Bill Eastman (on defense) was mine, hence my "Eastman" moniker.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dressedcheeseside Godhigh did not juke his last year (that dance back in forth trying to trick a defender in the direction you will go). Godhigh cut with no hesitation. Godhigh controlled his speed, read the field, and made his decision, and went.

Jukes (even when JT does it) get smashed in college football. Decisive cuts are key. Go back and watch the Pitt game and watch what happens to even JT when he jukes versus when he cuts. Make a decision and live with it and more often than not you can beat the defender. Juking slows you down and allows the defender to control you.

Animal02

Banned
Conditioning is not just getting ready for the season. It's keeping the team conditioned and fresh for the entire season. It's really a science that the Tech conditioning people have done a good job of so far this season it appears.

Conditioning is not just endurance either.......it is muscle training/memory to be able to do things like run the tightrope down the sidelines without stepping out of bounds or the spin move that keeps you on your feet and score instead of being tackled at the 5.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
rwmwmb

I loved that one as well

That Gator bowl was a great one. Tech passed 10 times and ran 79 times. Don't you hate run dominated teams :) Snow was my dad's favorite player and Bill Eastman (on defense) was mine, hence my "Eastman" moniker.
I had wondered if you were THE Eastman or not. I was a small kid and kind of idolized him along with Snow.