Spectrum and ESPN fail to agree

MidtownJacket

Staff member
thinks greg monroe GIF

Indeed. I literally only see BSPN when they have a game on that I can't watch literally anywhere else. Their content(sic) is plain terrible otherwise.

The Cw Martini GIF by CW Kung Fu

No Way Family GIF

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol. It was this time last year when Dish had an issue with the ACCN. I subscribed to the Disney+ package (that included Hulu and ESPN+) trying to get the game – none had it. I ended up watching the game on my daughter’s YouTube TV subscription. Fast forward 12 months and I have cut the cord and use YouTube TV to consume TV content. I wonder what percentage of people cut the cord based on these types of impasses.
I'll be extremely close if I miss the game tonight

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Lol. It was this time last year when Dish had an issue with the ACCN. I subscribed to the Disney+ package (that included Hulu and ESPN+) trying to get the game – none had it. I ended up watching the game on my daughter’s YouTube TV subscription. Fast forward 12 months and I have cut the cord and use YouTube TV to consume TV content. I wonder what percentage of people cut the cord based on these types of impasses.
Is YouTubeTV really "cutting the cord"? You are still paying for a TV subscription. You still have the same bundling of channels. The only differences are the type of connection/equipment to get the programming and the company you buy it from. I don't really consider that cord cutting.

ESPN is the common factor in all of these disputes. Even though I don't have a lot of respect for them, I don't blame Comcast/Spectrum/Dish/etc, I blame the high pricing and strong arm tactics of ESPN/Disney. At some point, someone will refuse to require every subscriber to pay for ESPN. When that happens, ESPN's financial situation will plummet.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’m surprised something so public happened this soon even as a negotiation tactic but there’s probably a LOT of cable customers with very little interest in ESPN and sports and eventually some cable co or streamer will pivot to focusing just on them.

And ESPN is gonna be really screwed when that day comes.
When they get screwed.....

Then ESPN issues a % PAYMENT CUT and dare ACC to start legal action.

Kind of like poor product sales time at factory , everyone takes a hair cut.

If we keep expanding so we are way better tv market (ND, Navy ) then raid big 12 (osu, ucf, uof h) we will be longvterm more sustainable than big 10, sec.
Main goal - lets not get in this situation again.

Imo, the level of alternate to tv revenue sources determines the long term viability of a school consistently putting a quality product on tv.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Is YouTubeTV really "cutting the cord"? You are still paying for a TV subscription. You still have the same bundling of channels. The only differences are the type of connection/equipment to get the programming and the company you buy it from. I don't really consider that cord cutting.

ESPN is the common factor in all of these disputes. Even though I don't have a lot of respect for them, I don't blame Comcast/Spectrum/Dish/etc, I blame the high pricing and strong arm tactics of ESPN/Disney. At some point, someone will refuse to require every subscriber to pay for ESPN. When that happens, ESPN's financial situation will plummet.
If I had reliable internet, I would leave Dish in a heartbeat and save a pile regardless of the service I choose. I have about 8-10 channels we watch between the wife and I. But the price you pay to live in the boonies.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
My neighbor (huge UGA fan) just blew up in great anger when he discovered that the SEC Network — as well as ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNU — have been cancelled on Spectrum.

ACC Network is also gone, too

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
They also
They also are not carrying the SEC Network so I suspect a lot of their fans will be very unhappy with ESPN. I already pay a lot for spectrum tv. This may push me to streaming.
I pay almost 300 a month for Internet and cable! Very pissed off right now 😡

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I've posted this for the last two years at least. If you can't watch the game because you don't get said channel, then use following streaming site

DMCA Notice
I JUST GOT A VIRUS ON THIS WEBSITE. BEWARE.

Last edited by a moderator:

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I JUST GOT A VIRUS ON THIS WEBSITE. BEWARE.
A virus or an ad? The ads can be a pain but I've never once gotten a virus. You just gotta X out of them until they go away.

I've been using it lately and haven't gotten any ads come up at all so idk what to tell ya

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
A virus or an ad? The ads can be a pain but I've never once gotten a virus. You just gotta X out of them until they go away.

I've been using it lately and haven't gotten any ads come up at all so idk what to tell ya
When I clicked on a current event (a race) a thing came on telling me my computer had been taken over. I turned it off immediately (which is the only way I had to get rid of it) and when I got back on the computer it was gone, except my virus prevention thing had a message that a virus was trying to get in. I don't know much about these things, but it was alarming, and I won't try it again. Thanks for the link - I'm sure you meant well. I'll just listen on the radio.

Last edited:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ok, once and for all, what's the move to watch the game tonite?

Not even kidding (for once). Am I going with FUBO? Youtubetv? Illegal stream? Try to do a little get in/get out action?

Help the get-bak guy, folx.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck

Not even kidding (for once). Am I going with FUBO? Youtubetv? Illegal stream? Try to do a little get in/get out action?

It's on YoutubeTV. You could try searching regular Youtube right at 7:30 to find a stream of the game

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan

It's only $30 plus fees for a ticket to the game