Spectrum and ESPN fail to agree

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, that just ruined my day. Hopefully they will get it resolved before kickoff tomorrow. Otherwise, I will probably have to watch from one of the bootleg streaming sites.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m surprised something so public happened this soon even as a negotiation tactic but there’s probably a LOT of cable customers with very little interest in ESPN and sports and eventually some cable co or streamer will pivot to focusing just on them.

And ESPN is gonna be really screwed when that day comes.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Well, that just ruined my day. Hopefully they will get it resolved before kickoff tomorrow. Otherwise, I will probably have to watch from one of the bootleg streaming sites.

You and me both gonna be on some filthy streaming site. Ah well, we can hose off afterwards.

Max Greenfield Hose GIF by CBS

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Hate to suggest my dirty little ways, but I used to create dummy emails for free trail accounts for YouTube TV that last a couple weeks (or they used to, haven’t done this in awhile). Cancel them before getting charged, repeat until football season ends.

If streaming was somehow a mom and pop business I would never do this, but I have zero remorse here.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I’ve been told that there is this site called onlyfans.com that has tons of streaming options for fans of pretty much anything. Maybe we can find a good quality stream on there?

Interesting. Shall I fire up the company laptop to check it out?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They also
I’m surprised something so public happened this soon even as a negotiation tactic but there’s probably a LOT of cable customers with very little interest in ESPN and sports and eventually some cable co or streamer will pivot to focusing just on them.

And ESPN is gonna be really screwed when that day comes.
They also are not carrying the SEC Network so I suspect a lot of their fans will be very unhappy with ESPN. I already pay a lot for spectrum tv. This may push me to streaming.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If ESPN goes streaming, you can kiss them goodbye for 9 months of the year. For the average fan at least. I only watch them when Tech is on, so I will wish them adios.

Indeed. I literally only see BSPN when they have a game on that I can't watch literally anywhere else. Their content(sic) is plain terrible otherwise.
If that doesn't work, I've heard that Twitter, which is now "X", has a sister streaming site as well now. Think it's called xvideos or something like that.

The Cw Martini GIF by CW Kung Fu

No Way Family GIF

Richard7125

Jolly Good Fellow
GT fans who use Spectrum won’t be able to watch tomorrow night’s GT-Louisville football season opener on ESPN. Unless the two companies come to an agreement very soon …

Link:

Lol. It was this time last year when Dish had an issue with the ACCN. I subscribed to the Disney+ package (that included Hulu and ESPN+) trying to get the game – none had it. I ended up watching the game on my daughter’s YouTube TV subscription. Fast forward 12 months and I have cut the cord and use YouTube TV to consume TV content. I wonder what percentage of people cut the cord based on these types of impasses.