Special Teams Versus FSU - Resurrection

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My last summary was after the ND game; I took a sabbatical since I don’t like beating a dead horse. But yesterday …… just start with the stats:
mpon92l1p357mjv6g.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The resurrection of special teams. We played our best ST game to date without question. Overall, it can’t be anything but an A.

ST put us into a position to win and then flat out won the game at the end. After the pain and agony of the last five weeks this was so so sweet.

Butker was 5 for 5 on KO TBs. And 3 for 3 on FGs. The one that scared the **** out of me was the last one from the right hash. Shorter @35 yards but he had problems with that hash early in the season.

Rodwell was good and punt coverage was good overall with the exception of the Milton “personal foul” where he retaliated for a FSU player was riding him.

Our returns were average, the one good one near the end of the second quarter should have been on 36 except for a clear block in the back which took it to the 6. In the end, that only meant that JT ran 30 yards longer on his TD run.

Oh yeah, there was the FG block at the end of the game to win it. I agree with Gotsis that either we block it or it goes through. The FSU FG kicker should go very high in the draft whenever he is eligible. Lance Austin just did what natural football players do. Made a great play. His cut on the kicker was totally sick and made the kicker look like a windmill.

One final note, there weren’t a lot of possessions in this game and few ST plays given the 3 turnovers. The first half had basically five possessions for us with two scores, two turnovers and a punt. The second half had two scores, two punts and the block 6. Even though this is a ST post, I have to say that the D was so fricking awesome. They only allowed 3 scores; two were gimmes after JT interceptions and only one was earned against the D. Not our usual recipe, but it sure feels good after all we’ve been through.