Special Teams Versus Clemson

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
tv6pta4qku4pt546g.jpg

Well we had better ST overall than Clemson who had missed chip shot FG, OOB KO and fumble on return they were lucky to recover.

Butker was solid - 75 yard KO on the safety and two out of field of play KOs.

Stewart was solid with no muffs and a nice return. But not our best to date with JJ opening the second half with a KO return to the 11 that he should have taken as a TB.

Rodwell doesn't have a big leg, but no shanks. And he had better height and placement on the kicks. It's as good as I've seen him kick consistently in a while - after all he had 8 punts. If he keeps punting like that, we're fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think you missed Butker's KO following the safety? I think he reached the 5.

Good catch. I had put it in but must have copied over it at 2:02:00 there was no punt...... The play by play had it as a 75 yard kick with 23 yard return to 28. So it did go to the 5. Like I mentioned, that was a great kick, but he out kicked the coverage a bit....... that is a long way to go for coverage.

Good catch. I had put it in but must have copied over it at 2:02:00 there was no punt...... The play by play had it as a 75 yard kick with 23 yard return to 28. So it did go to the 5. Like I mentioned, that was a great kick, but he out kicked the coverage a bit....... that is a long way to go for coverage.
If only the D had done their job then and not allowed the Tigers to march all the way back down the field. That series and their opening series in the game were the only black eyes for the D all night