Southern Cal Mass Exodus?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pfft, if he punched the HC in the face, or had any interaction which would lead to that rumor, I welcome the transfer to UGA.

Takes a special kind of kid to do something like that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Pfft, if he punched the HC in the face, or had any interaction which would lead to that rumor, I welcome the transfer to UGA.

Takes a special kind of kid to do something like that.

A few years ago at SoCal, it would've taken a special kind of kid not to punch the HC.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I thought the topic was appropriate in the GA Tech section as we took a USC transfer a couple of years ago (Lamont Simmons).

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Since we're recruiting players, like Jacob Lichtenstein, who has commited to USC, I thought their issues might cause recruits, and current commits, to pause and reconsider, giving us a chance, or second chance, so I thought putting this topic in the GA Tech recruiting section was appropriate. Sorry that I "mislabeled"...

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
You know how every time we have a coaching/administrative vacancy so many folks around here start clamoring for a bunch of former Tech players/coaches to fill those spots just on the basis of them being "Tech men". Well, I read an interesting comment from a USC fan on the story about Price transferring out that kind of sheds light on the down side of this approach. Enjoy!

It’s actually really simple. The administration (I’m talking U. president) has no idea what it’s doing regarding the athletic department, which leads to unqualified unprovens running the show, who hire more idiots. In particular, nothing but incest hires of current/former Trojans that in most cases no other serious program was seeking for a comparable post, and everything stems from that. Outsiders lose points, insiders sneak past with GLARING red flags. (Kiff being a douche re: Oak/Tenn, Sark a known drunk, Helton zero f****** HC experience.)

Hiring from within (or from past staffs) can work out. But USC hasn’t hired a head coach or AD that was not previously associated with the program since (legacy hire AD) Garrett lucked into his third choice in Carroll. (And Carroll aside it goes back decades, AD and HC). They ignore all the established talent in the world and ultimately fall back on some “real” Trojan. In this case because he beat UCLA once as interim coach and players liked being coached by an adult for once. High bar. You can guess my level of optimism that Lynn Swann is qualified to fix it but sports so [crosses fingers].

FWIW I’ve no real animosity for Carroll. Man took a raise and a challenge to reboot his NFL legacy. That **** is just how he’s wired. Bush wasn’t his fault, and even if he knew sanctions were coming, [shrugs]. We got through sanctions; they’re no longer an excuse. Our most competent HC since Carroll was Kiffin and that makes me want to vomit.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Since we're recruiting players, like Jacob Lichtenstein, who has commited to USC, I thought their issues might cause recruits, and current commits, to pause and reconsider, giving us a chance, or second chance, so I thought putting this topic in the GA Tech recruiting section was appropriate. Sorry that I "mislabeled"...

It's ok, my friend. It's an interesting topic. Just not specifically GT-related.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
So, sounds like there's significant nonsense going on out in LA. I wonder if amongst the alleged players looking to transfer, if we could be a potential landing spot for GA products Chuma Edoga or EJ Price. Would be worth a phone call...

VolJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
USC should have named Ed Orgeron the head coach a few seasons back when he guided them to an 8-4 record as interim head coach. Pat Haden is a little punk and a lousy AD.