South Georgia among best talent

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
There were a lot of anecdotal stories on this, but it's nice to see numbers back this up.

To calculate per capita you must divide the number of NFL Draftees per area by that area’s population. When I came up with each area specific draftees I used a radius of 90-120 minutes from that city or county. Here are those findings –

The top two places using this criteria were Mobile (Ala.) and South Georgia.
http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1404406.html

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
South Florida is insane in the amount of talent produced down here. We really need to establish some type of connection.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
South Florida is insane in the amount of talent produced down here. We really need to establish some type of connection.
We should recruit South Florida as much as possible, but I think we need to establish more pipelines into South Georgia. We should be competing there for not only recruits but also fans.

Buzz1965

Georgia Tech Fan
I think talent wise metro area has passed South Georgia but there is no comparison as to how serious they take their football in those small communities

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
That article needs a map so we can see what it is he defined as south Georgia.
Somewhat explained in the article:
The you have South Georgia. I basically looked at the area south of Macon, starting in Warner Robbins and working my way all the way to the Georgia-Florida line and to varying degrees east and west, but not too far.