Sorry won't miss Maryland at all

LibertyTurns

Banned
You put the yanks and the non-FB southern schools in the North and the South gets GT, FSU, Clemson, Miami, UCF, UNC, VT and Louisville. Or you ditch VT and UL to the north and line up like the SEC now where you get 2 patsies in your Div and they hook you up with 2 automatic conferences wins from the weak half. That way everyone's at worst 4-4 and bowl eligible every year.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I just don't see Maryland ever being relevant again at football in the big ten. Maybe they can compete at basketball. I will miss them playing basketball in the ACC.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Maryland is looking at 4 conference losses right off the bat every year. With the new East/west divisions, they have to play Ohio st., Mich, MichSt, and PennSt every year added to a possible Neb/Wisc crossover and they may never have a winning season. They will be playing Rutgers to see who is the door mat.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Maryland is looking at 4 conference losses right off the bat every year. With the new East/west divisions, they have to play Ohio st., Mich, MichSt, and PennSt every year added to a possible Neb/Wisc crossover and they may never have a winning season. They will be playing Rutgers to see who is the door mat.

I completely agree, I have sat here wondering if Greed has made them this blind. There is no way Maryland will every be anything more than annual doormat, with the very rare good season, in the Big 10. I am thinking they will become the Kansas or dare I say Duke of the Big 10.

This will only serve to drive away their fan base, couple this with the travel distance playing away during the winter in Big 10 land, and I am really wondering what the heck they were thinking in the move.

We have really upgraded the conference, Louisville revenues are through the roof. If they are not already, they will be number 1 in the ACC soon. I feel like we just added FSU and in 10-15 years, Louisville could really become a destination job in college football.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I reckon that they may compete the B1G in recruiting among a lot of mid atlantic and new england kids. I know that GT's targeted DC and PA kids who were looking toward B1G schools. MD may have seen a recruiting advantage for the kids they were targeting in addition to the bigger dollars up front. I also don' think the B1G is as much the power house Conference as some of y'all seem to be intimating.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
Louisville is a god athletic addition to the conference, though I am curious to see how they respond to a full ACC schedule and the graduation of Bridgewater.

I'm not sure this southern boy will ever get used to seeing Pitt and Syracuse in the ACC. Given what's done, it would seem advantageous to us if ND was all in and we added Penn State. These moves would round out our conference well and probably provide any prospective student-athlete the best combination of athletics and academics in the country.

My Dad would probably throw up if this happens, as he is an old Dodd player and can't stand ND. I am not holding my breath on ND either.

Animal02

Banned
Louisville is a god athletic addition to the conference, though I am curious to see how they respond to a full ACC schedule and the graduation of Bridgewater.

I'm not sure this southern boy will ever get used to seeing Pitt and Syracuse in the ACC. Given what's done, it would seem advantageous to us if ND was all in and we added Penn State. These moves would round out our conference well and probably provide any prospective student-athlete the best combination of athletics and academics in the country.

My Dad would probably throw up if this happens, as he is an old Dodd player and can't stand ND. I am not holding my breath on ND either.

The one benefit of Pitt and Nd for me is the short drive to catch an away game. (y) Would be nice to see Tech use the Pitt game recruiting in western Pa and Ohio. It has always been a strong H.S. football area.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I did not like it when Notre Dame was admitted to the ACC. You are right Cornerblitz, we old folks do not like Notre Dame. Here is my priority, (1) GT, (2) UGA (except when playing an ACC team), (3) ACC teams, (4) All Southern teams against all other teams, and (5) Anyteam playing Notre Dame.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I did not like it when Notre Dame was admitted to the ACC. You are right Cornerblitz, we old folks do not like Notre Dame. Here is my priority, (1) GT, (2) UGA (except when playing an ACC team), (3) ACC teams, (4) All Southern teams against all other teams, and (5) Anyteam playing Notre Dame.

In the future, if you just swap (2) and (3) you can save yourself some typing that parenthetical for 2.

Also, THWG. I hate ND too, My favorite teams are (1) GT, (2) team playing U[sic]Ga, (3) team playing ND, (4) team playing UF