So what is success against Morehouse?

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@Peacone36 ...I had to go way back to dig this one up. Was right about one part at least. When we made this bet, I didn’t think that Marcus Watson would lock it down for me.

Consider it dead, if you hadn’t already..LOL
D0B7726C-85F1-4D85-B5D6-BA1BBB72D985.png

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Coleman Boyd is a player. I think this dude is going to get a scholarship and become a contributor before he leaves.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didenko breaks through with a 3pt bucket! He also had a few rebounds. I’m interested to see if he’s back next season, but he has good size and a nice looking shot.

Happy to see Coleman Boyd knock one down as well. He looks like he’s got game. Nice form on his shot!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
We took care of business the way we should have. Over 55% bench minutes. Game in hand by halftime. Bench maintained the big lead in the second half. Way to go Jackets!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Coleman Boyd is a player. I think this dude is going to get a scholarship and become a contributor before he leaves.

Didenko breaks through with a 3pt bucket! He also had a few rebounds. I’m interested to see if he’s back next season, but he has good size and a nice looking shot.

Happy to see Coleman Boyd knock one down as well. He looks like he’s got game. Nice form on his shot!

I’m glad these guys got some playing time, and they played pretty well while they were in there, but I don’t see Boyd as a division 1 scholarship player, nor Didenko even though he is one this season.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Field goal percentage for non-starters? 27.5%
Parham led the way at 40%.

Good that the bench got playing time, but we need shooters. Ever since the name was changed to McCamish, we have been a poor shooting team in our own arena.

Best +/- was Moore at 32. Why isn't he getting more playing time?
Worst +/- was Cole at -6.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Field goal percentage for non-starters? 27.5%
Parham led the way at 40%.

Good that the bench got playing time, but we need shooters. Ever since the name was changed to McCamish, we have been a poor shooting team in our own arena.

Best +/- was Moore at 32. Why isn't he getting more playing time?
Worst +/- was Cole at -6.

Moore had the best +/- in the last game against ncsu also. I think it’s his defense that makes the difference, although he has scored a few baskets also.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
Some observations from last night - on bench players that have not been getting a lot of minutes of late ..

Moore - played well. Hit two threes and was more aggresive offensively - Morehouse had no one big/athletic enough to match up with him.
Bubba - stayed within himself. Did not force anything, missed some runners but did not turn it over.
Price - you can see the potential with his athletic ability, but made at least three sloppy passes (turnover or deflected)... needs to make better decisions and make more shots (took mostly good ones, but only hit one three).
Didenko - 1 of 4 on threes - has great looking shot, but really slow (not quick) on defense. Not sure how he can fix that - he struggled to stay in front of his man, and he was not guarding an ACC calliber athletes. Not sure what is role is in future .... clearly weakest perimeter defender we have, and did not show anything in the low/high post.
Shembari - solid - no turnovers, no ill advised shots.
Cole - Windmill highlight dunk ... rebounded well (10?). Made some good and some bad decisions on perimeter. Good but not great game.
Usher - more under control - aggressive at attacking - was able to out athlete/quick the Morehouse players (couple good plays last night might have been turnovers vs. ACC defenses).

Starters could have won by at least 40 ... second team played about even with Morehouse's first team. No starter played in last 15 minutes.
Some of the sloppiness could easily be attributed to all the subs GT played - starters only played together first few minutes of each half and a couple minutes late in first half.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Extremely disappointed with the crowd. Some with Tech's crowd, but more so with the Morehouse crowd. How did they not bring at least a thousand? The whole place was totally empty.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Extremely disappointed with the crowd. Some with Tech's crowd, but more so with the Morehouse crowd. How did they not bring at least a thousand? The whole place was totally empty.
I agree, disappointing crowd, but please don’t give tech fans a pass and put that on the Morehouse fans. There were probably as many of them as there were of us. It’s on tech fans to fill McCamish and we suck at it.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I mean, why would anybody really want to watch a 9-11 team play a Tuesday night game against a 9-8 Division 2 team? McCamish didn’t even sell out the whiteout game against NC State last week. Also pretty hilarious you blamed Morehouse for the bad crowd lol.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Yup. As I said, I was disappointed with Tech’s crowd.

Also as I said, this was an historic game for Morehouse against a major local team (a “once every 25 year” type of game for them) and I was extremely disappointed that they did not bring a real crowd.

I am not “blaming bad attendance on Morehouse”, just saying that I get why Tech fans were not overly excited but am still disappointed. But thought Morehouse fans should have been extremely excited and am very disappointed.

Guess what, when Tech plays Georgia State in football at Turner Field, I will likewise be extremely disappointed if Tech doesn’t have a major showing, despite it not being a “home game.”

Deleted member 2897

Obviously a win - but to me that should be assumed. I know - maybe not :D

To me success tonight is a Didenko sighting. I want the bench to be all over this game and not have to have Jose be "the man".

This aged well.