Snoddy on KO returns

hdgtfan

Georgia Tech Fan
I was questioning the decision yesterday as well. I understand that Golden hasn't returned a kick back for a TD since he's been healthy, but I don't think that's totally on him. Blocking on ST didn't look good to me yesterday, and Southern covered really well. Golden is still our best option back there, just need to block

Maybe he is but he just seems tentative to me, almost looks like jogging hoping for a seam? Nobody seems to attack at high speed but I have no idea how they are coached in this regard

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He cost us a first down by running to the sideline instead of upfield, i like the kid and appreciate him being a Jacket but i don't really want him touching the ball in crucial situations

yellojello

Jolly Good Fellow
He cost us a first down by running to the sideline instead of upfield, i like the kid and appreciate him being a Jacket but i don't really want him touching the ball in crucial situations

Rewatched that play. I don't think that's quite true. The DB had inside leverage and he was forced to go out of bounds. I do agree that he didn't make any attempt to cut back.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
As a trackster who was bad at returning kicks, I agree.
Accelerating is easy for track guys. Decelerating is a lot harder - and that's what making cuts is: slowing down quickly, changing direction, and accelerating again.

Andrews or Griffin, imo.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
I was disappointed overall when it came to our return game. It would have been better to simply take the touchbacks when we could. Too many times we ended up having to start at our own 15 or 20. Do it right or take a knee.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't want him with the ball often. He likes running straight down the sideline. No jukes, spins, fakes, or cuts to try to make even one guy miss. Our only hope is if opposing Ds are so used to the ball carrier making a move, that they just lunge at empty space next to Snoddy in anticipation of Snoddy making a cut.

He is stupid fast, but I have no idea how you could use a football player that can't cut.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
LEAVE SMELTER OFF kick returns. That is a completely foolish alternative. We do not need him banged up because he is critical to the offense.
Golden Andrews L Griffin. I agree with not using Smelter. (Dodd decided to use the great Lenny Snow on kickoffs. He hurt his knee and that changed him from a great back to a good back after recovery.) We need Smelter all year at WR.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Golden Andrews L Griffin. I agree with not using Smelter. (Dodd decided to use the great Lenny Snow on kickoffs. He hurt his knee and that changed him from a great back to a good back after recovery.) We need Smelter all year at WR.
Yep. I believe that was the Miami game. Even though Snow later got drafted he was never able to really play football after that.