Snoddy looking good in weight room

Jonathan Dees

Georgia Tech Fan
Its nice that we put stuff like this out. I think we are all hoping he can build on last year when he is fully healthy. I think he fits a lot better with Justin because he can go a little bit more full speed.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I had a tib/fib fracture and can say the bone healed stronger than before - I also got a titanium rod in the leg which I suppose helps.. but the doctors only did that to line the bone up since the fracture required it.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
We were there the day he broke it. Happened directly in front of us, albeit across the field. My wife said, "We've got somebody down. I hope he gets up." I said, "It's Broderick...and his leg is broken. He's not going to get up." It was that obvious. There were tears all around us as the reality set in.

I heard Derrick Moore tell this week of how he got down on the field. Laid face down on his stomach so that he could talk with Broderick as trainers/doctor prepared him to leave the field. It was an intense experience, as we can only imagine.

To see how far he's come this fast is encouraging. Yes, we'll need to see him run before we get excited for next year. But for the human who got injured, I'm encouraged every time I see him moving around off crutches.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The snoddy circle and his difiantly raised fist as he left the field will live in the history of ga tech.

The clemson guy to my right said he had never seen that. The georgia guy to left said that's class.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
It would look like that run he had at Pitt

More than any other, that run showed to me that even when teams know what we are going to do and have "figured out" how to defend us, we are still dangerous. Play calling and the athleticism of guys like Snoddy are going to give us an edge even when the other team is playing us well.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
More than any other, that run showed to me that even when teams know what we are going to do and have "figured out" how to defend us, we are still dangerous. Play calling and the athleticism of guys like Snoddy are going to give us an edge even when the other team is playing us well.
I agree. Superior athleticism allows plays to succeed even when the blocking fails and the reads are wrong. I remember CPJ recalling a scoring play where our qb made the wrong read but still scored because he outran the defenders. During the play, coach was thinking out loud... "No, no, no.... YES!"

We were there the day he broke it. Happened directly in front of us, albeit across the field. My wife said, "We've got somebody down. I hope he gets up." I said, "It's Broderick...and his leg is broken. He's not going to get up." It was that obvious. There were tears all around us as the reality set in.

I heard Derrick Moore tell this week of how he got down on the field. Laid face down on his stomach so that he could talk with Broderick as trainers/doctor prepared him to leave the field. It was an intense experience, as we can only imagine.

To see how far he's come this fast is encouraging. Yes, we'll need to see him run before we get excited for next year. But for the human who got injured, I'm encouraged every time I see him moving around off crutches.

I don't need to see him run on Grant Field ever again to be in awe of his fortitude. We are lucky to have such an asset as Derrick Moore for our young men. If Broderick is blessed to play again, all the better, but if not, I think we all can say Damn Good Jacket for what he has already accomplished in track and football. If I had seen my own leg in the condition his was in, I don't think I would have the guts to put my cleats on again.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad to see him doing so well. I do think that the big barrier will be when he cuts the same way in a game. If the leg holds up - and it almost certainly will - his problems will be over. It's like the nuns said to the soldiers in WW1: "It's a break. Count yourself lucky."