Film Room Slow Motion Video Break Down GT versus Mercer

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I know everyone expected Elon, but Mercer was no Elon. I think Mercer is a well coached team.

The offense played well. I saw our players going in the right places and executing CPJ's offense. We have a good and getting better and will be great OL. JT is getting getting into the grove. The Abacks and WR are improving on blocking. The BBacks are looking more and more like the BBacks we are used to seeing. Hold on guys... the O has the ability to match 2014.

Passing? The team has a locker room full of good hands! The OL is pass blocking!

The first TD on the incredible under pressure across the body perfectly thrown pass for a TD after our fumble, the third down conversions, and the 8 minute drive in the 3rd Q all made for a grumpy fan message boards. The defense played their game of make them work and be perfect all the way down the field. The defense executed the bend but don't break and Mercer did exactly what they wanted and was not perfect (except that increadible TD pass).

The link will be active when the upload is finished... I'll upload the second one overnight.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
Offense in both of those series looked very clean. Qua is a break-out star - so fast and effortless. He is worth watching on a few plays to see how fast he really is.

All of the blocking looked good (OL, Aback, WR).

ps - thanks for doing these, and I agree it's best to let the full play run at first.

/

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
I watched this more than once. Once looking at the OL, and again looking at the Abacks.

I have a hard time distinguishing between our A-backs. More than once I thought it was Green, but it was Lynch...or Griffin...

It looks like we have 5 interchangeable a-backs (1 - Searcy; 3 - Willis; 22 - Lynch; 27 - Griffin and 28 Green) which is a really good thing.

/

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I cant seem to make video work so this maybe covered.
Am I the only guy that was totally impressed with Parker Braun. ??
Kid is ready to play now.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
IMO Parker ain't getting pt because of any failure by Shamire.....Parker is getting pt because he is good too. SD is still better I believe but Parker can produce also.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Great job. I don't think the AB can cut a defender if he lines up as a WR (outside the tackle box)

I believe he can under certain circumstances. Cannot block low back toward the spot where the ball was snapped and must cut the defender from the front, 2:00 to 10:00. For example a AB in slot left can cut straight ahead or to the left sideline direction, but not back toward the center of the field...and must confront the defender approx head on, 2:00-10:00. "Crack backs" must be above the waist as are all kicking down blocks outside the tackle zone.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
IMO Parker ain't getting pt because of any failure by Shamire.....Parker is getting pt because he is good too. SD is still better I believe but Parker can produce also.
Yes, he is.

I looked at the film and targeted Shamire. The number of times he completely pancaked his opposing DL was impressive. He got thrown off-balance on one pass block and he missed a couple of downfield blocks, but he was in good company there. Other then that, he simply overwhelmed his targets.

Now, does that guarantee him a job for the rest of the year? No. The OL is a work in progress and he'll have to fight off Braun to keep on the field. But as good as Parker looked at the game - I focused on him when he went in - he wasn't having the same impact. Yet.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
If Klock's injury causes him to miss any significant time, I wonder if PB may crosstrain at T some. Or, since WB has already played some T, if he doesn't slide out if necessary, keeping PB and SD at G. This is a benefit of us crosstraining our OL.