Sjolund to (not) transfer

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
35% from the floor, 33% from 3, 3 ppg. Dont need to go to practice to know he isnt any good.

Not great for sure, but those are freshman numbers. Even with Devoe shooting about 45% from 3, our team is shooting about 26% from 3 for the season, which is utterly terrible. I think Sjo can help us down the road with the right coaching. In fact, I would like to have him playing this season instead of redshirting.

bos

Helluva Engineer
35% from the floor, 33% from 3, 3 ppg. Dont need to go to practice to know he isnt any good.

I'm not trying to argue that he should be starting over guys like Usher, but strictly that he's one of the better shooters on the team. He is slow footed and hurts the team defensively. However, that 33% from the 3 would make him second on the team.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Why is this person talking like this about a Tech player? He’s on our team and deserves more respect than WrongShadeofGold is showing in these posts.

Because when Uncle Rico, I mean wrong shade, played, he never missed a shot in a game...course he never got in a game.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Why is this person talking like this about a Tech player? He’s on our team and deserves more respect than WrongShadeofGold is showing in these posts.
Because I keep it real and call it like I see it. If we are counting on him to be a major contributor at any point in the future, don't expect to see us in any postseason tournaments.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Because when Uncle Rico, I mean wrong shade, played, he never missed a shot in a game...course he never got in a game.
Come on dude, come up with something better than that. I never said I was a better player than Sjolund. I love Georgia Tech and have been a fan since I could walk but some of you need to take off the gold colored glasses and look at the reality that is our basketball program right now. Here's a hint, it's not in a good place.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Because I keep it real and call it like I see it. If we are counting on him to be a major contributor at any point in the future, don't expect to see us in any postseason tournaments.

Virtually every team in the NCAA tournament every year has players who are not “major contributors.” Your logic is flawed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Give him his redshirt year, and his Sophomore and Jr years on team before you bang on him. Has to improve areas, but he can shoot and can finish at this level. Feet or defensive positioning need to get more efficient, but he will contribute. Glad he will return.

WrongShadeOfGold

Jolly Good Fellow
Give him his redshirt year, and his Sophomore and Jr years on team before you bang on him. Has to improve areas, but he can shoot and can finish at this level. Feet or defensive positioning need to get more efficient, but he will contribute. Glad he will return.
Finally someone that makes a valid point instead of just saying I should never be critical because I'm a fan of Tech. Perhaps I am being a little harsh judging him after only his true freshman season. I'm just so jaded now because of our lack of development under Pastner. I was one that bought into the hype that we would be a bubble team this year only to see us struggle with the same basic concepts that we have always struggled with.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One of our last minute recruits had this stat line at one time:

16.6 minutes/game
30.7% FG
1.2 Turnovers/game
3.6 pts/game
3.4 rebs/game

He was also talked down on a lot within our fanbase. He came in more raw than Sjolund, who was actually recruited by a numbr of other P5 schools. Good thing we didn't push him to transfer out. That guy is Moses Wright who's probably been our most overall consistent player this year and probably hasn't figured out his full potential yet.

Point is, let's give Sjolund time to physically develop during his redshirt year and see where he ends up. He's shown flashes of being able to contribute, and with players ahead of him graduating it will give him an opportunity to pick it up. Our staff didn't push him out the door and encouraged him to stick with the plan...so they still believe he can contribute.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer

16.6 minutes/game
30.7% FG
1.2 Turnovers/game
3.6 pts/game
3.4 rebs/game

He was also talked down on a lot within our fanbase. He came in more raw than Sjolund, who was actually recruited by a numbr of other P5 schools. Good thing we didn't push him to transfer out. That guy is Moses Wright who's probably been our most overall consistent player this year and probably hasn't figured out his full potential yet.

Point is, let's give Sjolund time to physically develop during his redshirt year and see where he ends up. He's shown flashes of being able to contribute, and with players ahead of him graduating it will give him an opportunity to pick it up. Our staff didn't push him out the door and encouraged him to stick with the plan...so they still believe he can contribute.
I hope he does progress like Moses. What an incredible turnaround hes made.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
giphy.gif

bos

Helluva Engineer
He's really not bad though. Judging him off a small sample size his freshman season is a terrible argument. I believe coaching staff is trying to bulk him up so he can play the 4, since he has no business guarding perimeter players. Also he needs to learn post moves like Moses did. He only took 11 FGs inside the 3 in 21 games.

GT_EE78

Banned

16.6 minutes/game
30.7% FG
1.2 Turnovers/game
3.6 pts/game
3.4 rebs/game

I hope he does progress . Counterpoint is that we're missing out on an opportunity to get a 4star replacement or grad transfer big. I'll be rooting for him either way ( it also lessens the value of appeal as we could recruit now, appeal of post season ban appears to have declining value)