Site Upgrade

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Site will be down for an upgrade tonight close to midnight ET. Forum will be shutdown during the upgrade.

The biggest difference will most likely for the mobile users because the upgrade will introduce a more responsive design.

Shouldn't take long; took about 15 minutes in the test environment.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
It seems like it''s holding our login for a much shorter amount of time. Any way to change that?
@xenoabe, you just need to visit more often is what that is all about. ;)

So you have to log in more frequently now? Are you checking the "Stay logged in" box when you log in?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
The new mobule interface doesnt allow word recognition on droid it seems. Makes it much harder to post. Is there a setting anyone knows of to fix this?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
On all other sites, my keypad will correct mistypes and predict what i meant to typr ijstead of thr actusl keysttoked...as you can see, it is a lot harder without it.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
On all other sites, my keypad will correct mistypes and predict what i meant to typr ijstead of thr actusl keysttoked...as you can see, it is a lot harder without it.
Oh that's weird because that should be a function of the keyboard you are using (like Samsung's Swype, not sure what keyboard Droids default to) and not the site.

This worked for you before the upgrade? Can you PM me the screenshot?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Yea, it was working fine before the upgrade and still is working for other sites. I'm not savvy enough in phone software to figure out what could be causing it, but it's almost like it thinks the reply box is a password box (it doesn't autocorrect when I put in passwords). I'll have to see if my phone has screenshot capability later. I was hoping others had experienced it and found a solution, but it might just be my specific version of the droid software.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Using a galaxy. Screenshotting is home and power keys together.

Maybe volume down and power for other android devices.

Screenshot_2013-08-03-18-18-33.png

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
If anyone else is having issues, upper right hand corner turns off the editor that's blocking your phones normal features. Knew it was something simple.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
If anyone else is having issues, upper right hand corner turns off the editor that's blocking your phones normal features. Knew it was something simple.
What is "upper right hand corner"? The button with the wrench or is this a button on your phone's keyboard?

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
HTC Incredible 4G supposedly has the HTC browser. Won't allow paste or predictive text

Copy-paste job
"HTC's custom browser on the Incredible is fast and performs well on various browsing benchmarks. Pages load quickly, and scrolling and zooming are fast the majority of the time, if not quite the best in class. The browser does support Adobe Flash Player, but you have to download and install the plugin from the Google Play Store for that functionality. The Incredible's smaller screen and relatively low resolution means that you have to zoom in more on web pages to make them readable than you would on other devices, and the standard browser does have some issues with intelligent zooming."

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Im having the same issue on my galaxy nexus phone and transformer prime tablet using chrome. The wrench appears to turn off rich text where it looks as if the browser is trying to save on every key stroke. Hitting the wrench fixes the problem but needs to be done for every post

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Im having the same issue on my galaxy nexus phone and transformer prime tablet using chrome. The wrench appears to turn off rich text where it looks as if the browser is trying to save on every key stroke. Hitting the wrench fixes the problem but needs to be done for every post
What browser and android keyboard are you using?

To turn off rich text, go here and uncheck that option:
http://gtswarm.com/community/account/preferences

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It's strangely fixed now. Both devices i use Chrome which just updated. On the nexus its android default and the tablet its the Asus keyboard. I didn't want to turn off rich text because i like it on a real computer, but like i said no longer a problem with chrome update

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
It's strangely fixed now. Both devices i use Chrome which just updated. On the nexus its android default and the tablet its the Asus keyboard. I didn't want to turn off rich text because i like it on a real computer, but like i said no longer a problem with chrome update
Wow, wasn't expecting that. Thought you would be using some unique keyboard or browser. Thanks for the update.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
I'm going to be working on the site/server tonight between 12-1am ET. Should take less than an hour.

Let me know if you notice anything not working tomorrow.