Sinclair (Bally Sports) Facing Bankruptcy.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
My feeling about Bally is: good riddance. Any GT event farmed out to Bally was an event I would never see in eastern NC.
Games that were often on ESPN extra were shown on Bally in the RTP area. They were blacked out on the ESPN channels. Some are expecting another broadcaster to buy the Raycom rights to ACC games. The MBB games are what they really want. Not sure if it drives more ACC revenue. One would hope.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Some are expecting another broadcaster to buy the Raycom rights to ACC games. The MBB games are what they really want. Not sure if it drives more ACC revenue. One would hope.
My understanding is the ACC has a deal with Raycom and nothing has changed there. Raycom had contracted with the Fox RSNs that were then acquired by Sinclair and renamed Bally, so the Diamond bankruptcy affected Raycom, not the ACC directly from a monetary perspective. Raycom has worked with Diamond to make a request to the bankruptcy judge to void that contract so Raycom can pursue other broadcasters partners.

One thing I have read is that the Raycom contract only goes through April 2027, so I'm not sure if there might be an opportunity to get more money from Raycom/ACC at that time or if the ESPN contract already had it baked in that those rights would go to ESPN.

SuperToe

Georgia Tech Fan
My understanding is the ACC has a deal with Raycom and nothing has changed there. Raycom had contracted with the Fox RSNs that were then acquired by Sinclair and renamed Bally, so the Diamond bankruptcy affected Raycom, not the ACC directly from a monetary perspective. Raycom has worked with Diamond to make a request to the bankruptcy judge to void that contract so Raycom can pursue other broadcasters partners.

One thing I have read is that the Raycom contract only goes through April 2027, so I'm not sure if there might be an opportunity to get more money from Raycom/ACC at that time or if the ESPN contract already had it baked in that those rights would go to ESPN.
That's correct. At the end of the Raycom contract, each school will get an additional $3M per this article:

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer