Sims Named Manning Award Quarterback of the Week

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

“To not pull for a kid like Jeff Sims would make you a bad person,” flatly declares his high school coach at Sandalwood (Jacksonville), Adam Geis.
“When I was coaching him and the team he played on (in youth football) I didn’t understand how he’d be so excited about practice,” Jeffrey Sims Sr. said. “Everybody wants to play the game. But he always loved practice. Jeff just loved to be involved in football in any way he could. In high school he’d always look forward to going to practice. He always had that attitude.”
Almost immediately after FSU fired head coach Willie Taggart in November, 2019, and Sims reconsidered his commitment, Geis was on the phone to Georgia Tech. He saw a natural fit between his offense and the one Collins was looking to install.

“I think it was a match made in heaven from the get-go,” his high school coach said. “Obviously it’s a great school but that aside he could step in and play in an offense that he had been playing for four years.”

The first quote is consistent with my thoughts. All fans of opposing teams are bad people ;)