Should GT Schedule 2018 NMSU for football and basketball?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Just curious did you graduate from there? Kind of a random school to pick
Nope... I just do not want to see GT sit at 8 game schedule and have a 2018 OOC of UGA, Tulane and 2 FCS schools... When I looked at it I was schocked to see only 9 P5 Schools still had openings... So then I looked at G5 schools and was shocked to see a lot of those were filled... So that brought me to G5 NMSU, who has a decent Bball team, and I saw how Tenn forced GT to a BBall series (to sweeten the pot) for the GT vs Tenn Chick FilA Game in 2017 and thought maybe GT should do the same with NMSU for 2018 especially since they will have a ton of football games to fill! However it appears that some on the board would rather play two FCS schools instead of an Indy G5 School..

Also I did not know that there was a chance of a ACCN by 2018 when I posted the thread. If that happens then we will probably go to a 9 game ACC schedule and then our OOC is set except for the 1 FCS. S0 all would be well... Again as a fan I would still prefer we play NMSU over a FCS because of Strength of schedule and how that is tied to CFP, and Bowl Selections, but that is just me... I do realize that southern FCS schools travel well and would probably fill more seats then NMSU!

Last edited: