Shamire Devine

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Am I the only one who thinks it's as simple as him just getting beat out? Shamire is huge but he's much slower off the line than those ahead of him. Shamire doesn't have the body for a guard. He is the prototypical build for a pass blocking Tackle. He has done well in our system but it doesn't fit him. I'm not saying he can't contribute because he has contributed and has played very well at times for us but he's not at GT for football only. If he was solely focused on the NFL he would not be here. He's a good kid with his priorities in academics and I think he can still reach the NFL from pre-draft workouts because he has a much higher ceiling in pretty much any other system.

I don't think we've seen the last of Shamire at GT. He'll contribute next year whether it's starting or coming off the bench. He seems like he has a great personality and all signs point toward him being a great teammate.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I think we will play differently next year if Matthew Jordan is QB. And in a way that will maximize Shamire's strengths. If Jordan is in fact QB, I really really hope Shamire is back and is a big part of the team!

The QBs on the roster (MJ, Lucas Johnson, Jay Jones, and Taquan Marshall...not counting Tobias Oliver as he probably redshirts) have the physical attributes to run Midline/QB follow. No matter who ends up with the QB job (odds are it's MJ right now), it will be one facet of the offense CPJ doesn't have to worry about keeping a pitch count on the QB for. JeT wasn't going to last long running between the tackles all game like Tevin and Josh were able to do.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Am I the only one who thinks it's as simple as him just getting beat out? Shamire is huge but he's much slower off the line than those ahead of him. Shamire doesn't have the body for a guard. He is the prototypical build for a pass blocking Tackle. He has done well in our system but it doesn't fit him. I'm not saying he can't contribute because he has contributed and has played very well at times for us but he's not at GT for football only. If he was solely focused on the NFL he would not be here. He's a good kid with his priorities in academics and I think he can still reach the NFL from pre-draft workouts because he has a much higher ceiling in pretty much any other system.

I don't think we've seen the last of Shamire at GT. He'll contribute next year whether it's starting or coming off the bench. He seems like he has a great personality and all signs point toward him being a great teammate.

Someone mentioned earlier that Shamire graduates this spring. Another option for Shamire if he gets his degree is grad transfer to a school that utilizes him at Tackle. Let's not forget, he was a top 10 rated OT coming out of HS, and had one of the best performances at the Nike Elite Camp at the position.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
The QBs on the roster (MJ, Lucas Johnson, Jay Jones, and Taquan Marshall...not counting Tobias Oliver as he probably redshirts) have the physical attributes to run Midline/QB follow. No matter who ends up with the QB job (odds are it's MJ right now), it will be one facet of the offense CPJ doesn't have to worry about keeping a pitch count on the QB for. JeT wasn't going to last long running between the tackles all game like Tevin and Josh were able to do.

Not sure about Taquan being able to run a lot of midline. Looked a lot like JT in stature to me.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Shamire is everything we want in a football player. (Not saying he's perfect or has no room to improve). He's a helluva scholar athlete, darn good player, class act, great teammate.

We fans never know the whole story and sometimes try too hard to figure things out or Monday morning QB lineups / schemes / calls etc. We don't know the complete injury status of guys, don't know the strengths / weaknesses of our guys and opponents the way our coaches do. But we are fans so will continue to do so.

I've enjoyed seeing SD maul some teams and hope to see more next year. Time will tell, he has many good options and his own life to lead.

Beehive

Banned
I think Tech is better off with the smaller lineman on both sides of the ball!! I always wanted bigger lineman, but after this year I definitely change my mind. We need to have lineman in the 285 to 300 range. The 320 to 340lb lineman just can't hold up for 4 quarters. I really think we will have one of our best offensive lines PJ has had at Tech next year!! With all the running backs we will have should be fun to watch.

I am a b 2

Georgia Tech Fan
What happened to Shamire, i.e., did he play much in the later games ? If not, does anyone know why?
1st let me say thanks for asking . I have many speculations but i wont share most.the one i have come to accept is my rants, opinions and thoughts shared on the swarm may have cause my son playing time. for this i feel awful.never thought the coaches could be on this site to. shamire did all that was asked of him .played hard, played hurt many of games stayed in good spirits and help his team get to where they got.in return..... shamire is not a quitter, shamire is a gamer and shamire is technically healthy with 1 more year.so internet quiet i'll be and we shall see. Survive this journey kid (71). Go jackets !

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
1st let me say thanks for asking . I have many speculations but i wont share most.the one i have come to accept is my rants, opinions and thoughts shared on the swarm may have cause my son playing time. for this i feel awful.never thought the coaches could be on this site to. shamire did all that was asked of him .played hard, played hurt many of games stayed in good spirits and help his team get to where they got.in return..... shamire is not a quitter, shamire is a gamer and shamire is technically healthy with 1 more year.so internet quiet i'll be and we shall see. Survive this journey kid (71). Go jackets !

God bless you!
I appreciate your frustration and your desire for what is best for your son, as well as your need to vent at times.

I'm glad to hear that Shamire plans on playing next year (I think we'll need him!) and hope that he's close to getting his degree.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer

im in both of your corners. fwiw....

most of us appreciate his efforts

Sideways

Helluva Engineer

We need Shamire and we need more fans like YOU! God bless you and keep you. I will keep Shamire in my prayers and ask that he have a great senior year with the potential for NFL to follow.