Several good GT-ND previews

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I have never heard CPJ give such high praise to any football player the way he has to Jaylon Smith. Best LB we have ever played.
He gave similar post-game praise to Aaron Donald and Joe Vellano, but that was after those two single-handedly kept their teams in the game. I'm sure we'll have a scheme to account for him, really interested to see how this game plays out.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
I have never heard CPJ give such high praise to any football player the way he has to Jaylon Smith. Best LB we have ever played.

Ehh...he didn't look spectacular or anything against UVA. Made some plays but nothing amazing. I'm scared of him, but hes probably never been pancaked 30 times in a game by a 300+ pound lineman. He's got something to worry about as well.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Going to be interesting to see how Shamire steps up to the challenge this week. Will we get the dominant Shamire that was tossing FSU's 4/5 star players like they were middle schoolers, or will we get the uneven performance Shamire of the first two weeks? Physically, I have no doubt Shamire can throttle ND's Dlinemen like he did against FSU.

This could be a coming out party for Shamire as well given the national spotlight of this game.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Going to be interesting to see how Shamire steps up to the challenge this week. Will we get the dominant Shamire that was tossing FSU's 4/5 star players like they were middle schoolers, or will we get the uneven performance Shamire of the first two weeks? Physically, I have no doubt Shamire can throttle ND's Dlinemen like he did against FSU.

This could be a coming out party for Shamire as well given the national spotlight of this game.

Meh, he was bored and trying not to hurt those poor Alcorn and Tulane fellers

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
This is a big game from a national perception standpoint, but from a non-drama-filled reality check standpoint, Duke may be a tougher game next week ... Seriously. If Duke were playing ND this week, I'm not sure who I'd pick.

OK, so now I'm thinking ND might be a trap game for us as we're looking ahead to Duke. ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This is a big game from a national perception standpoint, but from a non-drama-filled reality check standpoint, Duke may be a tougher game next week ... Seriously. If Duke were playing ND this week, I'm not sure who I'd pick.

OK, so now I'm thinking ND might be a trap game for us as we're looking ahead to Duke. ;)

LOL

Edit: The ND game will be a trap game, but like the 2nd half made the Orange Bowl a trap game.