Seriously....who else we gonna beat?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
He is not telling the "truth". Show me any factual evidence in his half hearted attempt to get his post numbers up. He wants us to spiral down another dead horse subject.
  • FPI Yes anything can happen as noted in our first game as of now we are only favorite against Duke , Does not mean Duke won't win and don't mean we can't beat others just the odds

RESUME
Strength of Record (RK)40.5 (102)
Adj Win-Loss (RK)0.4 - 1.6 (98)
Game Control (RK)60.3 (93)
Adj Win Probability (RK)48.2% (91)
Avg Win Probability (RK)67.5% (46)
FPI
FPI (RK)-0.3 (70)
Projected W-L3.3 - 8.8 (113)
Chance of winning out0.0%
Chance of winning conference0.0%
SOS Remaining RK3
EFFICIENCIES
OFFENSE (RK)DEFENSE (RK)SPECIAL TEAMS (RK)OVERALL (RK)
No data available.
SCHEDULE
DATEOPPONENTRESULT/PROJOPP FPI (RK)GAME SCORE
Sat, Sept 4-7.6 (99)12
Sat, Sept 11--63
Sat, Sept 184.7%21.9 (4)--
Sat, Sept 2515.1%14.3 (11)--
Sat, Oct 226.6%11.1 (17)--
Sat, Oct 947.8%-2.4 (79)--
Sat, Oct 2319.9%9.5 (24)--
Sat, Oct 3027.5%10.5 (20)--
Sat, Nov 615.7%10.5 (21)--
Sat, Nov 1345.8%4.4 (47)--
Sat, Nov 2014.5%11.3 (16)--
Sat, Nov 277.3%23.2 (2)--
* Neutral site game

BuzzDraft

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke has not been an "automatic" win for a while now. We've won exactly two of the last SEVEN games against them.

I think we beat them this year and find a way to upset one or two of the middlin' teams in the ACC, but we will be underdogs for most if not all the rest of our schedule.

I just want to see reason for hope for the future in improved play on the field and coaching ability from the sidelines..

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I look at the schedule and I don't see another victory. If you do, please tell us how or why we win another game.....
Duke and Miami will be about due for a meltdown. Possibly any one of Pitt, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. Before the season, I picked Tech to win 4 games so I admit that losing to Northern Illinois may have put that in question.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Duke and Miami will be about due for a meltdown. Possibly any one of Pitt, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. Before the season, I picked Tech to win 4 games so I admit that losing to Northern Illinois may have put that in question.
How can Dook meltdown? If you’re at/near the bottom, I suppose it’s possible to set another record of futility but they’re a really ****ty program. We’re still 2 TDs better than those ****bags.

slugboy

Staff member
Last week, NIU beat a team with a much more highly regarded roster—unfortunately, it was us. We weren’t the only one—there were plenty of upsets last week. Nevada (same group as NIU) beat Cal, ETSU beat Vandy, Utah State beat Washington State, and Montana beat Washington.
This week, Pitt beat Tennessee, Arkansas beat Texas, Oregon beat Ohio State, Jacksonville State beat FSU, App State almost beat Miami, and so on.
After two weeks of teams beating teams they weren’t supposed to beat, you’d think we might have a shot as an underdog, too.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we will go 4-8.. Despite my criticism of this staff, this schedule is BRUTAL!!! That and we are still starting a young team.. A 4-8 record can still be ok depending on how the games play out. To be honest, I would be content with another 2015 with all of the one-score losses that we had. Going into 2016, I think most of us knew that 2015 record wasn't indicative of our team.

Our OL is cause for concern. We dipped into the tranfer portal to turn the group over quickly. Now we have upperclassmen that don't have a lot of starts together. I hope that group starts to gel soon.

techman

Georgia Tech Fan
thanks for the replies.....I'm not trolling or only negative as some on here insist, just realistically wondering who we might beat. Because so far, all the other teams on our remaining schedule look better than us....so that leads me to conclude we will not win another one.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
thanks for the replies.....I'm not trolling or only negative as some on here insist, just realistically wondering who we might beat. Because so far, all the other teams on our remaining schedule look better than us....so that leads me to conclude we will not win another one.
Do you legitimately think Duke looks better than us?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When you create a thread in September implying we might not win another game it certainly looks like a troll. You might think about how this kind of statement will be perceived. I appreciate your clarification.

Gtswifty81

Jolly Good Fellow
I look at the schedule and I don't see another victory. If you do, please tell us how or why we win another game.....
Yes, we lost by one point to Northern Illinois and it wasn’t a good showing. To lose by one it took a QB who wasn’t able to perform in the first quarter, 3 missed field goals (granted one had almost no shot before the kicker came out for the attempt), a failed fourth and goal where we were out of bounds by an inch, several missed throws that would have been touchdowns, misuse of timeouts, and pretty much every NIU drive that got a first down ended up with a TD. We played bad and didn’t make the plays but we weren’t out matched in that game. I felt we were far better than them in fact. Probably 80% of teams can’t make those mistakes and win.

Let’s pump the brakes and let the season play out before we become completely negative. Plenty of teams in the ACC have had really bad games including Norte Dame, FSU, Miami, Duke, and Syracuse. There are probably 2 teams on paper that we realistically shouldn’t be in the game if we play well. If we play well, make some plays, and win the turnover battle, we have numerous chances to win games. We will have plenty of time over the next 2 months to debate how bad we are if we continue to lose. Personally, I want to see improvement and pull a few upsets.