Selective enforcement once again: NCAA strikes again

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I hear you on that but that’s been happening forever. I was in classes with a lot of the 1990 players and they were having work done for them back then. I won’t say how I know (wink wink). Heck, I had fraternity brothers “helping” me with my work and an engineering girlfriend (now wife) who got me through Tech.

A lot if things happen in the real world that aren’t above board. I get it. We all see it. But as you mentioned no one is looking until it affects them. I have a kid at GT right now and everyone is taking short cuts not just athletes (I could go on a diatribe about what professors have become and that they aren’t there to teach). It’s just the world of today. As for football, it’s never been above board and never will be. I’m just glad we finally will have a playoff system and can’t wait until it expands again.
At "Research Institutes" full professors often don't teach a lot. Their GAs do much of it. I had a full Chemistry Professor back in the early 70s at GT that said he was teaching his 1 required class so he could continue to do his research. It was a miserable experience for the students.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Carson Beck just got a little more incentive to keep being UGA’s QB with a recent NIL deal from an exotic car dealership in Atlanta, GA.
It seems that it’s so difficult to separate NIL deals and pay for play (at least for me). I mean the optics of this really fast exotic sports car deal while in the midst of legal battles over injury and wrongful death lawsuits? It make it seem like UGA athletics doesn’t take it too seriously? Perhaps they can’t prevent Beck from getting it but seems like Kirby would find it to be disappointing (as a leader on the team)? Or am I just reading too much into a Lamborghini SUV being loaned/given to a college QB who is attending a school that has had issues with football speeding and a coach getting a DUI? Sure the former employee’s lawyer is taking notice & screen shots of Beck’s Lambo to show in court as evidence that UGA isn’t taking speeding or the overall necessary to see that it doesn’t happen again. I imagine the Lambo engine doesn’t have a restrictions that would prevent it from reaching potentially dangerous speeds? Thoughts?

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Carson Beck just got a little more incentive to keep being UGA’s QB with a recent NIL deal from an exotic car dealership in Atlanta, GA.
It seems that it’s so difficult to separate NIL deals and pay for play (at least for me). I mean the optics of this really fast exotic sports car deal while in the midst of legal battles over injury and wrongful death lawsuits? It make it seem like UGA athletics doesn’t take it too seriously? Perhaps they can’t prevent Beck from getting it but seems like Kirby would find it to be disappointing (as a leader on the team)? Or am I just reading too much into a Lamborghini SUV being loaned/given to a college QB who is attending a school that has had issues with football speeding and a coach getting a DUI? Sure the former employee’s lawyer is taking notice & screen shots of Beck’s Lambo to show in court as evidence that UGA isn’t taking speeding or the overall necessary to see that it doesn’t happen again. I imagine the Lambo engine doesn’t have a restrictions that would prevent it from reaching potentially dangerous speeds? Thoughts?

I'm not sure what UGA athletics can do to stop him from accepting it. Isn't NIL supposed to be completely separate from the AA?

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer

This seems like what NIL should be rather than a collective giving players money.