Second Concert at Bobby Dodd - Guns N' Roses

slugboy

Staff member
Pretty crazy that a band that only has like 1 1/2 good albums can play stadiums

For a band that basically split up for more than a decade, they have Appetite for Destruction, Lies, and Use Your Illusion 1 & 2. Even if they’re not a band you like, that’s enough to put on a long concert full of hit records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Techster

Helluva Engineer
For a band that basically split up for more than a decade, they have Appetite for Destruction, Lies, and Use Your Illusion 1 & 2. Even if they’re not a band you like, that’s enough to put on a long concert full of hit records.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they just stuck to playing their most popular songs, easily over an hour worth of all time great stuff. Zack Brown use to sell out stadiums interspersing covers into his sets.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
They will play for over two hours.

They will play covers.

Spoiler alert - here are their set lists.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/guns-n-roses-7bd69e24.html
They had their own versions of those songs though that they released on albums. “Slither” obviously is a Velvet Revolver song, but Slash and Duff we’re both in that band, so...

I think “The Seeker” is the only true cover on that set.

I think most folks associate “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” more so with GNR than they do Bob Dylan. Same with “Live and Let Die” etc.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I got me 3 tickets. Me and my brothers will bring up some old memories going to concerts together in Atlanta. We have all moved away separately so this will be a great time for us to come back together.

Taylorshaw22

Georgia Tech Fan
I just spoke to a friend in the Athletic department who has a lot to do with the grounds crew. He is saying that they are about 75% sure they are going to synthetic grass because they plan to have two concerts a year.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I just spoke to a friend in the Athletic department who has a lot to do with the grounds crew. He is saying that they are about 75% sure they are going to synthetic grass because they plan to have two concerts a year.
I hope that’s not true. GT has one of the best grounds crews in the country, and Grant Field is almost always in stellar shape. There’s tons of natural grass playing surfaces that host multiple concerts/events a year, I hope BDS@HGF continues to be one of them. A lot of baseball stadiums have concerts in the middle of the season, and just resod by the time the team comes back home and everything is fine.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
They had their own versions of those songs though that they released on albums. “Slither” obviously is a Velvet Revolver song, but Slash and Duff we’re both in that band, so...

I think “The Seeker” is the only true cover on that set.

I think most folks associate “Knocking on Heaven’s Door” more so with GNR than they do Bob Dylan. Same with “Live and Let Die” etc.

Pretty sure more people associate knocking on heaven's door more clapton than either.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
First, it seems there are quite a few in the know about this. Just how much are we suppose to clear on a deal like this?

Who is responsible for the entire spectrum of liability / damages? And not talking about field here

Second, speaking of field. We had to resod middle third of field in season last year and there were no concerts.

We need to decide what is more important. Some are talking about doing these concerts several times a year and i dont think sodding / resodding is a prudent solution.

I believe unc, n.d. and quite a few others have gone to the newer gens of artificial turf.

I don't necessarily like it because i think when you come off a football field you should have some dirt & grass stains on you.

But i dont think we can resod 1 or 2 times a year and maintain a quality surface.