Season ticket sales doing well

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-season-ticket-sales-surging/nnPfC/

The athletic department has received a 12 percent increase in sales of season tickets and is projecting more than 33,500 orders from fans, students and staff.

It is the highest total since 2009, following coach Paul Johnson’s first season, when the total was 35,209 for 55,000-seat Bobby Dodd Stadium. (Tech has previously reported season-ticket purchases by fans and not students or staff. Last year’s total was around 21,000.) Further, Tech has also sold all of its premium inventory, including club seats and suites, for the first time.

The Florida State game Oct. 24 has sold out and the Georgia game Nov. 28 is also on track for a sellout.

The FSU game sold out before the uga game!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Hope so. Should be. Last year it seemed many didn't believe till after the Clemson game. To be fair we scraped by a couple we expected to beat easy. If we drop the ND game....will they retreat back into the woodworks?

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
FSU will be undefeated when they come to ATL in October. They will be bragging about how they did addition thru subtraction by getting rid of Winston and they are now a much more complete team. Maybe even ranked #1. Their toughest game to that point will be Louisville in Tallahassee the week before. Whiteout, homecoming, sell out, Saturday night ESPN, almost full moon rising, the largest gathering of Techaholics in history. Forever after, the game will be called "Wounded Knee on North Avenue".

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Interesting that they count the "student" tickets in the season ticket count. Always assumed there was a block of them allocated for students.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Interesting that they count the "student" tickets in the season ticket count. Always assumed there was a block of them allocated for students.

There are. GT just decided to report things the way everyone sale does to make it all look better.

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard to understand why FSU sold out before the Mutts. Homecoming notwithstanding. But I'll take it!

I bet it's because they allowed single game ticket sales for the FSU game.

You can only get a UGAg ticket as part of a 3 game plan or a full season ticket.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
We need to make sure BDS is predominately white and gold when we play the mutts. I'm tired of this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 72

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Hard to understand why FSU sold out before the Mutts. Homecoming notwithstanding. But I'll take it!
UGA is here every other year. FSU comes to town, what once a decade now? I think with a good team coming back and a rare FSU appearance at Bobby Dodd that there is a bit more urgency for the FSU ticket.