Season Ticket Member Gift

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Mine looks navy blue, guess it depends on the lighting

Mine is most definitely navy blue. I’ve even asked 3 other people and they all see navy in person.
C00AF573-A0AF-4BAA-8C75-099EE3638CA8.jpeg

Unless you have the exact same material as that used on the flag, there is no way of saying it is one color or the other. I have nothing in navy blue but several items in black, although all made of different materials. True, they are all different shades of black, but they are close enough in shade to that on the flag that I am convinced that the trim on the flag is black. If that is dark navy, then it is by far the darkest navy I have ever seen before. It definitely is not even close to the navy that Tech has used on uniforms....not even close.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Unless you have the exact same material as that used on the flag, there is no way of saying it is one color or the other. I have nothing in navy blue but several items in black, although all made of different materials. True, they are all different shades of black, but they are close enough in shade to that on the flag that I am convinced that the trim on the flag is black. If that is dark navy, then it is by far the darkest navy I have ever seen before. It definitely is not even close to the navy that Tech has used on uniforms....not even close.
It’s navy...
645C6461-55F8-4460-9B1E-E7E77872B981.jpeg

But given different lighting it can look black. It’s the same navy that’s been used in uniforms for decades
3053D8FB-E1D2-4483-9DD4-492168C906D7.jpeg

E8BCE782-B39C-4322-BB94-2871E79AD7E0.jpeg

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck

I definitely don’t know about everyone’s, and it’s certainly not a big deal to me, but mine is blue. There’s no question of it when looking at it in person. It’s even a very close match to virtually everything GT navy in my closet, and that’s a lot of stuff. Black is most definitely able to be distinguished next to it.

It’s navy...
View attachment 8774

But given different lighting it can look black. It’s the same navy that’s been used in uniforms for decades
View attachment 8775

View attachment 8776
The top one looks blue, but the outline of the GT is not even close to the same shade in that particular photo.
The second one looks black, both the edge and the trim.
The uniform numerals look black, but even if blue, are nowhere close to the blue jerseys we wore in the 80s and 90s, nor, for that matter those ugly all blues we wore in Detroit.
Mine looks black no matter what background I hold it up against.

I just mounted mine outside, replacing the old one I had, and I guarantee you if anybody non-Tech related looks at that flag, they will immediately say the borders and trim are black. Whether or not it is black or, as some of you claim, a "midnight blue", it LOOKS black, and I am happy.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Got mine today. Like the flag & the Navy is real Navy not some fake knock off blue. The tickets looked better in person than online, but still amateurish looking. I know we don’t have marketing people but we could hire some someday, please.